This is the big one. We’re known to talk a big game but this actually is the big one. The definitive list of Brisbane’s top 15 restaurants according to us and qualified by a single criterion of knee-weakening, pants-unbuttoning deliciousness.
We won’t lie to you, it was damn hard to curate a neat and tidy list of just 15 Brisbane restaurants that could faithfully represent a segmented market. How would our favourite trusty takeaway stack up against that place we always go to treat ourselves? It wasn’t easy, but we think we managed to whittle down a list of our top restaurants that always deliver.
In no particular order, here are the 15 restaurants in Brisbane well worth every cent.
1. 1889 enoteca, Woolloongabba: food in Roman style, and wine in Roman quantities.
2. Stokehouse Q, South Bank: when I say that something ‘brings the stoke’ this is the actual place where all the stoke comes from.
3. Gauge, South Brisbane: creative dishes to remember.
4. Julius Pizzeria, South Brisbane: the most coveted pizza in the inner suburbs.
5. Happy Boy, Spring Hill: enough delicious Chinese to satisfy your entire extended family.
6. The Wolfe, East Brisbane: beautifully executed contemporary dishes repping it for the Eastern burbs.
7. Hello Please, South Brisbane: hip, spicy Vietnamese, served in the open air.
8. Saké, Eagle Street Pier: fine dining Japanese has no equal.
9. PUBLIC, CBD: if you’ve never had a garnish of dead ants you’re seriously missing out.
10. Hellenika, James Street: Mermaid Beach's favourite Greek brings the leisure of Mediterranean dining to the inner city.
11. Hôntô, Fortitude Valley: a shadowy warren of Japanese splendour.
12. Gerard’s Bistro, Fortitude Valley: shareable and majestical Middle Eastern.
13. Longtime, Fortitude Valley: cocktails, curries and good times.
14. Urbane, CBD: ever wondered what a three-hatted dinner tastes like? Check it out for yourself at Urbane.
15. Greca, Howard Smith Wharves: casual, contemporary Greek on the water.
Keep an eye on all the new openings in Brisbane, right here.
Image credit: Hayley Williamson and Yaseera Moosa for The Urban List