Waking up in the morning is kind of like calling your mum. You put it off almost every time, but they’re both things you pretty much have to do. We’re the type of people who have their morning routine so streamlined that we can snooze our alarms at least 10 times (our housemates love us!) and still be on time. Which, if you ask us, is a pretty huge talent.
We’ve teamed up with Dare Coffee Co. to bring you this (probably too real) list because they get us on the whole mornings suck thing. That, and they’ve just launched the ever-so-fancy Dare Cold Pressed coffee which is our fave way of getting a delicious coffee en route to work, but sans the queuing up for at your local coffee spot part. AKA—it's music to non-morning people’s ears.
- You have at least 10 alarms set on your phone
- And they’re all in two-minute intervals
- You probably have a closer relationship with your snooze button than your S/O
- You can wake up and be out the door in five minutes
- Including showering
- Meetings scheduled before nine in the morning ruin your life
- You have absolutely slept through all 50 of your morning alarms
- At least once a week, actually
- Small talk in the office is your nightmare, unless that small talk involves you dishing out coins and getting a coffee
- Nothing confuses you more than people who choose to wake up early and exercise
- Like, what?!
- You’re beyond productive at night, though
- You’ve 100% considered negotiating your start and finish times with your boss. Who wouldn’t love a 10am start?!
- You don’t really “get” breakfast
- And don’t get us started on morning people. You don’t really “get” them either
- You can’t turn Netflix off before midnight, don’t argue, it’s just a thing
- Likewise, getting to bed before midnight is simply just not a thing in your books
- You probably have blackout curtains in your bedroom
- If not, you’re googling them right now because they sound like a dream
- Don’t even think about getting us started on waking up early to do things when you’re on holiday
- You’ve defs ended relationships over not being a morning person
- You can hum your alarm's tone bar for bar on request
- You’ve got ~bed head~ hair down pat.
- Pretty much your entire make up collection lives in your car, because that’s where you get ready most days
- Your day doesn’t start without coffee
Guilty? It’s okay, us too. Fake that ~morning person~ vibe by grabbing a Dare Cold Pressed, stat. Your 8am meeting will thank you.
Editor's note: This article was produced in partnership with Dare Coffee Co. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Urban List possible. For more information on our editorial policy, click here.
Image credit: Stocksy