We know you’re busy, sometimes in between trying to look busy at work and browsing memes on Instagram you miss the odd bit of amazing news. Well, we’re here to help.
Here’s a round-up of everything you may have missed this week.
- Mornington Peninsula winery Pt. Leo Estate has just appointed a new team to their restaurant. Ainslie Lubbock will be their new Restaurant Manager. Joining Lubbock is Joel Alderson as Senior Sous Chef and Andrew Murch has been appointed as Head Sommelier.
- Here’s one for the big eaters. B.East are holding The B.East Burger Challenge Day on Saturday 16 September. Alongside their famous B.East burger they’ll be debuting their first vegan burger—the Triple Vig Mac. 28 competitors will take part, with the winner of each category taking home a cool $200. Check out the Facebook event here.
- One of Melbourne’s best dessert makers—Luxbite—have collaborated with New Shanghai to create some oriental inspired desserts. First up is the Sweet Mandarin (mandarin mousse with mandarin compote, dark chocolate streusel topped with an orange jelly glaze), and the Chocolate Panda (chocolate tart filled with dark chocolate ganache, toasted black and white sesame, milk chocolate crunch and white chocolate mousse). Sounds good to us.
- The Provincial Hotel rooftop opens officially today, just in time for some warmer weather (we hope).
- Did you know that we can 100% accurately predict which dog breed is right for you based on your star sign? Yep, find out here.
- After lunch you might feel like a bit of a pick me up, this list of Melbourne’s best doughnuts can help.
- Spring Carnival is upon us, so let’s check in and find out who the 7 worst people you’ll see at the races are.
- Melbourne’s full of great things to eat, but there are so many to choose from. We wrapped up 60 of Melbourne’s best dishes, how many have you had?
- As the weather gets better you might want to venture out of the city, here are all the secret gardens near Melbourne that you should be visiting.
- Cookie dough doughnut sandwiches are now a thing, here’s where to get them.
Image credit: Luxbite