Staying up to date with ALL of Melbourne’s food news is probably not possible (you’d need to warp the fabric of space and time). But that’s why we’re here. Presenting The Feed: your curated guide to everything delicious that happened in the last week.
It was another big week for the city. Saigon Sally’s successor BKK opened it door, MECCA dropped a sweet new product launch, and we broke the news about an espresso martini festival on the way (yep, really).
- Saigon Sally may be gone (for now), but it’s Thai-style replacement BKK is up and running. The early signs point to delicious. What else would you expect from the team behin Hanoi Hannah and Tokyo Tina?
- CBD Mexican joint Bodega Underground announced their plan to sling $1 tacos. Everyone got very excited.
- MECCA celebrated their 20th bday by announcing a massive new product launch. Both their own brand and a bunch of their top labels.
- We hopped on the Glen Waverley line to go check out White Mojo Plus+, the new Insta-porn cafe from the White Mojo guys.
- We broke the news that an espresso martini festival is heading this way.
- There’s now a crowd-funded comp to find Melbourne’s best home brewers. You can get your house beer stocked in bottle-o’s and everything.
- The Prahran Hotel announced their doing bottomless mimosas this Sunday. As if you needed an excuse...
- 29th Apartment announced they’re gonna be running We Love Wednesday nights as of next week. That means live music and UNLIMITED hand-stretched pizza. Need we say more?
- Hokkaido Cheese Tarts unleashed their new blueberry flavour. You can now get your grilled cheese with a side of antioxidants.
- Local cafe Lights In The Attic launched their brand new dog-only menu: pizzas, burgers and doughnuts, specifically designed for your pooch.
- We checked out a new 1920s gangster bar in Brunswick. Better start working on your Charleston.
- Alice In Wonderland cafe Hatter & Hare launched their new-look spring menu, and it’s curiouser and curiouser than ever before...
Image credit: White Mojo Plus+