Two is about to become three in the Ardern-Gayford household (congratulations, guys!) and we couldn’t be more excited. To celebrate, we’ve done what we do best… compiled a list! Here are 17 things that will probably, definitely happen while Jacinda Ardern is pregnant.
- The world will keep spinning.
- Mark Richardson’s head will explode.
- Max Key will become a distant memory. RIP.
- George and Charlotte will also become a distant memory. We’re getting a royal baby of our own!
- People will actually tune in to Parliament TV to watch the growing bump.
- #primeminister and #baby will trend on Twitter from now until June.
- The dry landscape of political memes will flourish again.
- The nation will hold its breath as Winston takes the reigns.
- Grandparents everywhere will sigh and exclaim, “Poor child… Arriving into the limelight like that.”
- There will be workplace bets nationwide about gender and name (our money’s on girl!).
- Parents-to-be will want to name their child after Baby Ardern.
- The trolls will be in full force across comments sections nationwide.
- … And a whole lot of people will throw their toys out of the cot.
- There will be talk about the New Zealand Dollar (although we’re not quite sure why exactly??).
- Clarke Gayford will find himself as the face of stay-at-home dads.
- Businesses will become more baby-friendly.
- Jacinda will prove the haterz wrong and show them a woman CAN be a mother and have a career at the same time. Nolite te bastardes carborundorum, bitches.
Getting hungry? Here are all the Auckland breakfasts you need to be eating this year.
Image credit: Newshub