We live in a world where internet fame is a thing. For some people, it’s a full-time job. Yup, there’s no need to slave your way up the career ladder. You can now make money from drinking green smoothies and taking photos of your legs at the beach—what a time to be alive! If you’re sick and tired of being a nobody online, here are 25 easy steps to becoming Insta-famous.
1. Start an Instagram.
2. Get the ball rolling by hashtagging like crazy. We suggest #instagood, #instalove, #photooftheday, #picoftheday, #follow, #followme, #tagforlikes and #like4like.
3. Don’t be an amateur—hide these hashtags in your secondary comment.
4. Go out for brunch weekly—daily, if possible.
5. Gram what you eat.
6. The same goes for your coffee. Make sure your sunglasses, iPhone and wallet are strategically placed in the shot.
7. Adapt a #glutenfree, #sugarfree, #vegan or #paleo
diet lifestyle. Better yet, do a combination of the above.
8. Eat kale and drink SkinnyMe Tea.
9. Make sure you have an insane #cheatmeal every so often.
10. Badger PR companies for free stuff. Start your email with “Hi, I’m XXX and I have XXX Instagram followers”.
11. Take selfies with said free stuff. Hashtag these posts with #influencer.
12. Start introducing yourself as a “brand ambassador”.
13. Do Kayla’s bikini body programme.
14. Your workout doesn’t count unless you take a selfie in the mirror.
15. When Tuesday rolls around, post a #transformationtuesday shot.
16. Thursdays are for #tbt.
17. Be sure to Instagram your outfit. Use the hashtag #ootd.
18. Post a selfie of you using Frank Body Scrub. Use the hashtag #thefrankeffect.
19. Get your eyebrows and/or eyelashes done. Post before and after photos.
20. Post inspirational quotes. We like things such as “wake up and live”, “do more of what makes you happy” and “everything happens for a reason”.
21. Take candid shots of you and your squad. Pretend to laugh merrily amongst one another. Make sure you’re looking at the ground/each other—whatever you do, DON’T look at the camera.
22. Have a fortnightly nail appointment. Afterwards, take a photo of you holding a fluffy keyring.
23. Take high-angle photos of your legs in bed. Double points if your shot includes a cup of tea/coffee and a book.
24. Get a dog—ideally a French bulldog.
25. Quit while you’re ahead.
Love the gram? Check out Auckland's Most Instagram-Worthy Spots.
Image credit: Free 4K Wallpaper