Fun on the Sunshine Coast doesn’t have to come at a cost! Some of the best things in life are free. Or, at the very most, one measly buck.
There’s no shame in being a penny pincher, in fact, we’re going to help you celebrate it, with 19 epic things to do on the Sunshine Coast, all for the bargain price of $1 or less.
- Bury your nose in books at the Coast’s many libraries. Or…
- …Hit up the best op-shops around and nab a bargain.
- Every Thursday, your shiny gold coin will buy you not one but TWO delicious wings from La Canteena.
- Book next date night at Corbins on a Wednesday. Snack on a $10 serve of wings or $5 baogers. Hope date pays.
- Teach yourself magic tricks. Get so good, you’ll MAKE money.
- Beauty doesn’t always come cheap, but in our case, it does. Go for some of our most scenic walks and hikes; they will cost you zip!
- Slurp up $1 oysters from The Piano Bar on Santorini Sundays.
- Move into couch potato mode and work your way through the free trials of Netflix/Stan/Presto, one at a time. That’s at least three months of entertainment, all for free!
- Break the budget and treat yourself to a $2 taco at Good Bar on a Thursday.
- Hit up Peregian Originals and donate your precious dollar.
- Team up with 100 friends who also have $1, make a delicious punch and have an absolute rager of a house party.
- Make a beeline for the reduced section of supermarket and take a lucky dip.
- Hold onto it for emergencies (frozen Coke cravings count).
- Take out a small loan and get amongst $4 wings and $8 ribs at Drift Bar every Thursday.
- Glue it to the sidewalk and watch as people attempt to pick it up for endless lols.
- Get the gang together for a Sunday sesh at Moto and chip in for $12 pizzas. You’ll totally pay them back later, right…?
- Get your zen on with a free outdoor yoga class in the Maroochy Botanic Gardens.
- Happy birthday to you! You get a free main meal from Thai Frenzy.
- Keep it in your car and be ready for paid parking, anywhere, any time.
Got a bit more cash in your wallet? Here's 25 things to do on the Sunshine Coast for under $25.
Image credit: Amy Higg for The Urban List