Dating is brutal. And if we’re not relying on the lazy person’s pick-up tool—Tinder (who are we kidding, we ALL resort to that!)—then sometimes we have to go to an actual bar and use actual pick-up lines to meet actual people in a face-to-face (and slightly terrifying) environment.
So we’ve compiled a list of the best pick-up lines that you will only hear on the Sunshine Coast. And we guarantee that these will all work to help you pick up the hottie of your dreams.*
- Let me buy you a macadamia matcha chai spiced latte?
- I hear you’re looking for Sum Yung Guys? Well, we’re them.
- Why don’t we head to Maleny and stop off at my Bald Knob on the way?
- You must be from Gympie—check out those guns.
- Want to join me for some naked SUP yoga? Without the SUP. Or the yoga.
- I’d drive to North Lakes to pick up a $7 IKEA cushion cover for you.
- Do you do bush regeneration in the national park? Because I’m digging those shoulders.
- Oh yeah, I’ve got a FIFO job. So I’m only in town one week a month. AND I have six jetskis.
- I can take you to heaven faster than a council worker can pull up a fruit tree in a verge garden.
- A girl as beautiful as you is as rare as a reasonably priced, pet-friendly rental in Mooloolaba.
- That ass is as ripe as a peach at Fruitworld.
- Did you overstay your parking on Hastings Street? Because damn, you FIIIINE.
- Your eyes are brighter than the reflection off the Valdora Solar Farm.
- I’d drive down Nicklin Way at school pickup time for you.
- I’ll take you to the top of Mount Coolum, baby. Without leaving my car.
- Rose are red, violets are blue, I’d run over the hot sand at Caloundra for you.
- I see you’ve just been swimming. Let me check you for sea lice bites. I’m told I am very thorough.
- Want to join me for smashed avo for brekky tomorrow? I, too, have given up all hope of ever purchasing property…
- You make me hotter than Kenilworth in January.
- Player? Oh yeah, he’s been had more locals around him than the Coolum roundabout.
- I’ll wait for you as long as I’ve waited for a light rail in the Maroochydore CBD.
* Does not constitute a guarantee.
Not having any luck finding the one? Here's 25 things to do on the Sunshine Coast if you're single.
Image credit: Crazy Stupid Love