Is your wallet feeling a bit light? Saving for the tropical island getaway? Been spending up big on Smashbox highlighters? (Admit it, we can see those cheekbones.)
Whatever the reason, sometimes you just want to keep your hard earned cash in your pocket, but you ALSO don’t want to be stuck home alone on a Saturday night, cleaning the cat’s litter tray.
So what’s a povvo socialite to do? This stuff.
1. Rock up for the food trucks, vibes, and tunes at Nights on Ocean. You’re guaranteed cheap eats—with plenty of vego and gluten-free options on offer for our dietarily-challenged mates.
2. Snap up a bargain at some of the best vintage shops in town.
3. Pack your rod and reel, and head up to the Sunshine Coast Hinterland to try and catch your dinner at Baroon Pocket Dam. Two birds, one stone, baby.
4. $25 will get you two months of Netflix (plus a free month when you sign up). Find out what everyone’s talking about and binge on Girlboss, 13 Reasons Why, and the new season of OITNB.
5. Start your edible journey through our list of the top 17 breakfasts you need to try in 2017.
6. Dig out your old skates and brush off your skills for a Sunday morning recreational skate with the Tewantin Noosa Rollers. Great even for absolute beginners (I have the bruises to prove it). #thisishowweroll
7. Cool off in the crystal clear water at Booloumba Creek.
8. You can just scrape in to get two tickets at Event Cinemas for $25 on a cheap Tuesday. But, you might have to convince your date to shell out for popcorn and choc tops.
9. Get flexy with some yoga. Even though yoga works best if you do it regularly, you can get a taste with a single drop-in class for just $18. Namaste bitchez.
10. Saturday morning Bunnings run—for $25 you can pick up a watering can, bag of potting mix, gloves, and tomato seeds. So get growing. Just make sure you save $2.50 for a sausage sandwich.
11. Head to the most insta-fabulous spot you can think of and go crazy #nofilter
12. If you head down to see our mates at Urban Garden during a midweek lunch break, you’ll pick up an awesome feed from one of their regular food trucks (we love Good Food Fellas), and still have change for the best coffee of your life.
13. Chuck on your activewear and check out the Sunshine Coast’s prettiest walks.
14. Go vego—grab a few tins of chickpeas, buy up big on fresh vegies at the Noosa or Kawana Farmer’s Market, and you’ll easily be able to feed the crew for under $25. They can bring dessert.
15. Roll up to Dirty Moes on a Thursday for their $16 Burger Night. That’ll be a classic double cheeseburger for me, thanks.
16. The folks at Thomas Corner are totally in our corner with their epic afternoon deals. Get all sophisticated with wine and cheese or champagne and freshly shucked oysters for just $20.
17. Get up ridiculously early, grab a couple of coffees and a snuggly warm blanket, and catch a stunning sunrise.
18. Pick up a bag of your favourite single origin from the expert roasters at Clandestino Roasters in Noosaville. The baristas can talk you through what you can expect from the different beans, and you can try before you buy.
19. While you’re there, go crazy at Tanglewood for the most incredible pastries this side of the Seine. Pro tip: if you get there at the end of the day, they sometimes have a two for one deal!
20. It’s true what they say about choosing quality over quantity. You could get a couple of bottles of cheap wine for $25 (oh who are we kidding, cheap wine is our favourite kind) OR we could have just one, absolutely perfect cocktail.
21. Test your balance with an hour of SUP hire at Golden Beach hire. It’s amazing how effectively icy cold water can deter you from falling over!
22. Nothing beats a good old-fashioned Aussie BBQ. Cold beer, snags, and dead horse mandatory.
23. Treat yourself to the ultimate OTT loaded shake from The Nines, and then pretend to walk it off with a leisurely stroll on the beach.
24. Settle in for an afternoon of tunes at Cooroy Originals with a six pack, some chips and dips and it still leaves you with a few bucks to buy a raffle ticket— c’mon, support local live music!
25. Lunch on Hastings for under $25? Yep, kick back with a wood-fired pizza and a glass of wine here, for just $24 every day from 12pm to 3pm.
Image Credit: Amy Higg for Metropolist