Today we bring you a (hella simple) recipe for making bar-standard Frosé at home, because we are literally the gift that keeps on giving.
Forget paying 18 buckeroonies at a bar for a glass of frozen fruit and Gossips rosé—save the money and spend it on chicken and cheese burgs from Betty’s four hours later.
Here’s our homemade Frosé recipe:
• 1 bottle of dry rosé
• 1 punnet of fresh strawberries
• 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
• 30ml of fresh lemon juice
• 250ml of coconut water
• 1/4 cup of vodka (optional, but strongly encouraged)
• 1/2 teaspoon of salt
• Mint to garnish
1. Pop to the shops and grab the ingredients. Resist the $1 Boost Bar special at the registers.
2. Go to the bottle-o and pick up a noice dry rosé and ask the attendant if they sell watermelon flavoured Passion Pop. If they do, contact Metropolist immediately, we can’t find them anywhere.
3. Go home and watch re-run episodes of Married At First Sight on 9Now because, priorities. #bringCherylhome
4. Go to the kitchen and mix the rosé, sugar, and coconut in a large jug. Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze for at least eight hours (overnight if you have your life together).
5. Pop the remaining ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
6. Add the ice cubes and vodka, then blend again until smooth.
7. Pour the finished product into glasses of your choice (goblets) and garnish with fresh mint.
8. Drink all of them and announce to your empty house that it was a very successful kitchen experiment.
9. Make another batch for your mates and Instagram it with the caption #oopsidranked2mannyfroséshahaja
This article previously appeared on our sister site, The Urban List.
Image credit: Gabby Stjernqvist for The Urban List