Did you constantly find yourself bumping into tiny, everyday annoyances throughout 2016? So did we! We’ve conjured a handy list of 20 life hacks that’ll help you go forth into 2017 and kick ass.
1. Ditch the sugar and sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon in your coffee. It will lower your cholesterol, is packed with antioxidants and improves brain function. Hellz yeah!
2. Spaghetti works just like a match, so use a stick to light a tricky candle wick without burning your fingers.
3. Freeze grapes to keep your white wine chilled and treat yo’self to an undiluted, uncompromised vino.
4. Remember that a career is wonderful, but you can’t curl up with it on a cold night. Go home on time in 2017! Amen, Marilyn Monroe, amen.
5. Wear headphones when you need to get shit done—annoying people will be less likely to interrupt you.
6. Talk to your grandma. She misses you.
7. Ever wondered what the ginger at sushi train is for? It’s a palate cleanser, so eat it between different plates for a taste bud reboot.
8. There’s a hint of truth in the trendy madness that is coconut oil. People are going loco for coco because it’s great as a hair mask, and works a treat to remove stubborn make up (hiding your hang over at Sunday brekkie dates with the fam).
9. When you find the perfect pair of jeans, buy two.
10. Not a morning person? Sleep in your workout gear to get your lazy arse out of bed and exercise before the sun rises.
11. Run straight to the bathroom and brush your pearly whites after dinner. The Mars Bar screaming your name will seem less tempting.
12. Sometimes it is okay to be selfish. Remember that.
13. Always remind your parents how great they are, and in turn you will be the favourite child #siblingwars.
14. Don’t feel bad about staying in with UberEats or Deliveroo when you’re wanted at Friday night drinks; sometimes your body needs Netflix & Chill in more ways than one .
15. Go for a big walk and catch up with your nearest and dearest on the phone. Get fit or die trying, while chatting to those you’ve been putting off. Sorry, Mum.
16. Good things happen to those who hustle.
17. Attention: FREE HUGS. Cuddling triggers the same neurological reaction as painkillers, so a hug a day keeps the headaches at bay.
18. Woken up with an oily fringe but can’t be bothered to wash your hair? Rock a tight ponytail up-do and work shampoo through your fringe for a fresh-out-the-shower look with minimal effort.
19. Always order two drinks so your hands are full and you can’t text boys you shouldn’t (thank us later).
20. Take a deep breath; it’s just a bad day. Not a bad life.