Surfer dudes, surfer girls, wanna-be surfers, surf spectators, old-timers… they’re all cruising to the north for one of the biggest events on the Sunny Coast event calendar.
Stretching from March 4 to 11, this year’s 26th Noosa Festival of Surfing is crammed with epic events you don’t want to miss.
But, at some point, everybody needs downtime, away from the hustle and bustle, and so for those moments when you just want to creep away from the crowd, refuel, catch a wave to somewhere that involves food—we got you.
Here’s 25 of the best places to eat, drink, and then recharge, if you’re hanging in and around Noosa.
1. Hands down one of the best restaurants in Noosa, flock to Locale if you’re craving incredible pasta, wood-fired pizza, and anything else that’s Italian and tasty.
2. Beachfront favourite Bistro C has got you covered for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There’s really no “wrong” time to pull up a seat here.
3. Upping the cool factor of Noosa River to “really cool”, Whisky Boy is the place to head for modern Australian cuisine and a tempting selection of over 40 whiskies.
4. Craving street food minus the truck and gutter stoop? Head to Jimmy Foxx at Noosaville.
6. Devouring plates of Asian cuisine, Embassy XO’s yum cha is a must if you’re looking for food-related things to do in Noosa.
7. Pretend like you’re in France not Noosa and munch on a flakey croissant at Noosa Hot Bread Shop. This is how all days should start.
8. Round up your beefiest mates and dig into a couple of share plates at Wood Fire Grill. Definitely one of the tastiest things to do in Noosa.
9. Getting to know a place pizza by pizza is our idea fun, so make El Capitano your next stop.
10. Betty isn’t famous for nothing. Her burgers are the bomb.
11. Making your lady friend sit through heat, after heat, after heat? Spoil her with a fancy meal at Noosa Beach House by Peter Kuruvita, and then drinks in the adjoining bar.
12. Pitchfork in Peregian Beach is worth the 15-minute drive for casual coastal cuisine served in a cute village square. Do it!
13. When you need to escape the crowds, for another crowd, trudge up the hill from Hastings Street to the junction and down a coldy and a taco with the cool cats at Village Bicycle.
14. Sunset cruise. On a super sleek refurbished boat. With a signature cocktail in hand. Music to your ears? Then MV Catalina is your jam. Coasting up and down Noosa River on a Sunday, you’ll want to book your tickets early, as these events are sell-outs.
15. Yeah, it’s a backpackers but Halse Lodge is also a fave watering hole among the locals. Tucked off Hastings Street, hike the stairs for a game of pool after a day staring at the points. It’s a tough life being a spectator.
16. Craft beer and cocktails on the cheap, Flux will take you to your “happy place” in no time.
17. We don’t need to say much about Noosa Surf Club, ‘cept Best. Views. Ever. Oh and the beer is ice cold.
18. If you’re hangin’ ‘round the Noosa Festival of Surfing all day, everyday, chances are you’re gonna run across the road to Café Le Monde at some point. And if not, the after parties happenin’ there will coax you in.
20. Jump in your car and swap the beach for Noosa Hinterland. Stop when you get to Cooroy and track down Fox and Hound Espresso for that morning hit.
21. Need a pick me up from an afternoon slump, coffee gurus, roasters, and everything in between, Clandestino have a set-up that’ll make any caffeine addict’s knees weak.
22. Take a breather from Eumundi Markets over a cold brew at Humdrum Espresso.
23. Before you decide to break up your days at the festival with a hike from Sunshine Beach through the national park to First Point, grab a coffee at Costa Noosa.
24. Before settling in for finals day down the beach on Sunday, make a detour to The Sunflower Hotel at Noosa Farmers’ Market for a health-packed smoothie.
25. More of a Sunday sesh that’ll ease you back into the game, than a “health-focused” recharge, Apollonian Hotel fires up a spit roast at Boreen Point, and is the ultimate country pub experience.
Still stuck for ideas when it comes to things to do in Noosa? Check this out.