Here at The Urban List, we don’t do summer by halves. There’s something about this sunshine-blessed country that can make us a little obsessed with taking our favourite time of year to the next level.
Fortunately, our friends at Maggie Beer products totally get this (they just released their legendary ice cream in chocolate-coated portable glory, after all).
Gather your summeriest playlist, as we present the top ten things we’re looking forward to this summer.
- Seatbelt burn adding to the searing pain of sunburn.
- Continuing on from point 1—the third degree burns inflicted on your hands when trying to grip the steering wheel after leaving your car parked in the sun.
- Warning all the tourists and overseas visitors about the terrifying reality of drop bears.
- Proudly accepting that you WILL eat your weight in prawns over the festive season.
- Knowing we should be ordering the salad (because summer bod), but going for the burger with fries, because delicious.
- Fending off seagulls while you try to enjoy said fries only to lose a few to these squawking nightmares with beaks.
- Sweating up a storm over a BBQ while debating whether tomato sauce or BBQ sauce on sausage sandwiches is best (it’s tomato sauce, you guys).
- Sand finding its way into, onto, and around everything no matter how hard you try.
- Eating ice cream for breakfast because it’s too hot to cook anything (and if it’s too hot to leave the house, Maggie Beer’s Affogato ice cream sticks will sort your morning cuppa too).
- Having to awkwardly wear damp swimmers because they didn’t have time to fully dry before hitting the beach/pool again.
Of course, we wouldn’t be doing justice to summer without a little extravagance. If there’s one thing you can’t stop us eating year round, it’s ice cream. Especially when they come in flavours like Burnt Fig, Honeycomb and Caramel and Chocolate and Salted Caramel.
You’ll also get 15% off any Maggie Beer hamper ordered before December 6th, with the code URBANLIST (there are your summer picnics and Christmas sorted!)
Editor's Note: This article is proudly sponsored by Maggie Beer products and endorsed by The Urban List. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Urban List possible. Click here for more information on our editorial policy.
Image credit: Remy Gerega