We can’t even decide what we’re more excited about. A sunset picnic and cocktails overlooking the best view of the harbour, the part where our favourite artists take to the stage while we enjoy said picnic, or the fact that we get a legit reason to go through the zoo as adults. Twilight at Taronga is back for seven spectacular weekends from 28th January, 2016.
With over 20 years of perfecting the party, the guys at Twilight at Taronga have it down pat. After a breezy 10 minute ferry ride (included in your ticket), you can be maxin’ the relaxin’ with picnic blankets, cushy chairs, and a delicious dinner ready and waiting for you and your pals. Italian antipasto picnic hampers? Check (make sure to hit up that truffled ricotta before everyone else realises what it is!). Aperol Spritz made fresh at the bar? Of course. There are even bus transfers for you so if you want to bring your own picnic goodies, you can. Win!
As if you’re not already ridiculously happy about the whole situation right now, music legends like Courtney Barnett, John Butler Trio and the Violent Femmes will be taking to the stage as you munch on your arancini and sip on your wines.
As an added bonus, every ticket is giving you half price same day entry to Taronga, which not only supports their conservation efforts but will give you extra warm fuzzies that aren’t just from the sunsets and Aperol.
So make like a meerkat and get your tickets ASAP, because tickets to these shows are very popular and a few have already sold out.
Twilight at Taronga’s Official Line-up
- Thursday 28 January – COURTNEY BARNETT, supported by Jep and Dep
- Friday 29 January – JOSH PYKE, supported by Winterbourne
- Saturday 30 January – FAR FROM FOLSOM featuring TEX PERKINS AND THE TENNESSEE FOUR with Rachael Tidd, supported by Vic Simms
- Thursday 4 February – JOHN BUTLER TRIO, supported by Tinpan Orange SOLD OUT
- Friday 5 February – JOHN BUTLER TRIO, supported by Tinpan Orange SOLD OUT
- Saturday 6 February – THE WAIFS, supported by Ruby Boots SOLD OUT
- Friday 12 February – BIRDS OF TOKYO, supported by Fractures SOLD OUT
- Saturday 13 February – MISSY HIGGINS, supported by Paul Dempsey SOLD OUT
- Sunday 14 February – MISSY HIGGINS, with special guests Dustin Tebbutt and Alys Ffion SOLD OUT
- Friday 19 February – MARK SEYMOUR & THE UNDERTOW, supported by Ben Salter
- Saturday 20 February – JAMES MORRISON BIG BAND
- Friday 26 February – BJÖRN AGAIN
- Saturday 27 February – BJÖRN AGAIN, SOLD OUT
- Friday 4 March – VIOLENT FEMMES, supported by Xylouris White
- Saturday 5 March – COLIN HAY
- Friday 11 March – C.W. STONEKING, supported by Marlon Williams
- Saturday 12 March – LADYSMITH BLACK MAMBAZO
Editor's Note: This article is proudly sponsored by Twilight at Taronga and endorsed by The Urban List. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Urban List possible. Click here for more information on our editorial policy.
Image credit: Bernard Fanning, Maclay Heriot, Cybele Malinowski, Jarrad Seng, Caroline Mcredie