With Scorpio season officially here and all those juicy public holidays around the corner, things are looking up. Don't worry, we've been a little distracted by the holidays and boozy possibilities too. Here's all the big news you missed this week.
- You can now show off your superior taste palate at Bombini Buzz every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night with $2 natural oysters on offer when you buy a glass or bottle of Chandon sparkling wine or Stomping Ground beer.
- Gaming event PAX is back this weekend, and trust us, you’ll need the whole three days to see everything. There’s cult Aussie indie games, over 140 panel discussions and a performance from geek-rock band, Nerf Herder.
- The absolute legends behind Drumplings have just announced their latest zany creations—a pepperoni, mac & cheese, and a beef meat pie drumpling.
- Your fave online wine retailer, Vinomofo, just transformed their Port Melbourne warehouse into an urban cellar door. It's stocked with all the wine on their website (and some cheeky selections which aren’t). You can check it out on Fridays from 9am – 5pm.
- The folks behind Four Pillars Gin are rocking a Christmas pop-up distillery, strategically located in the Myer Melbourne Giftorium. Their full range of gins and merch will be there along with constant, I repeat, constant tastings, until they shut up shop on Christmas Eve.
- A little birdy told us Lover has just released their new Spring menu featuring flathead ceviche with a cucumber relish, and pan-fried gnocchi with blue cheese. Oh carbs, how we love you.
- Get your polo shirts and gloves ready, Portsea Polo has just announced their new field-side GA precinct, Amalia. Here you’ll find gourmet food trucks, a Chill Out Zone beneath a canopy of Point Nepean teatrees and a line-up of up-and-coming artists and DJs performing on the main stage. Your Summer insta game sorted.
- A beer and cider festival at zoo—why not? If horses and dressing up aren’t your thang then you can still get boozy on the long weekend at the four-day Hop Fest, hosted at Healesville Sanctuary.
- Spiced rum brand, Untold has just partnered up with leading Aussie bartenders and artists to create cool cocktails and artwork as part of their ‘Rum for the Restless’ launch. Think two-to-three-year aged Caribbean rum with notes of orange oil, cinnamon and clove. Piña Coladas anyone?
- The former Pink Palace brothel in South Melbourne has been transformed into an art gallery for the weekend, before it’s torn down for a new housing development project. ‘A Pink Past’ features images of the former brothel site just after it closed, all taken by Melbourne photographer Derek Swalwell. So Melbourne.
- Calling all cheese lovers, the Prahran Market’s ‘Say Cheese’ festival is back for the weekend. Market favourites like Maker & Monger will be there along with other local businesses to bring you cheese-themed cooking demos and free tastings all day. Catch us scoffing down cheese Danishes at the Q Le Baker stall.
Image credit: Jimmy Chang