Summer is almost upon us, and you know what that means—a ton of events and a lot of food to get stuck into.
December 1 is apparently bringing some warm weather with it, and it couldn’t be more welcome.
So, here’s everything you may have missed in Melbourne’s food scene right now. Expect to be hungry.
- Openair Cinema is back at St Kilda Beach, it runs until December 21. Get your tickets here.
- Betty's Burgers & Concrete Co has launched their second store, this time in Windsor. Read all about it here.
- Chapel Street bar Lover has undergone a revamp of the interiors and menu recently and will relaunch as a restaurant.
- Christmas Afternoon Tea is back at Hotel Windsor. Get into the likes of turkey ribbon sandwiches with cranberry sauce and swiss cheese, and the ‘Christmas Hat’ with blackberry confit, Guanaja chocolate, vanilla ganache, almond crumble, fit & walnut tart, and a seasonal macaron filled with apricot marmalade and rosemary ganache.
- Jackalope’s restaurant Rare Hare has partnered with The Everleigh to host a Cuban Lawn Party. It’ll cost you $40 for a lawn pass, or $125 includes lunch at Rare Hare. More info here.
- Free wine is always a good idea. Rack and Ru!n in Beaumaris is hosting an informal tasting and a chance to meet the winemakers behind some of the best wines around. More info here.
- Philippa’s is once again your destination for Christmas baked goods. Their Christmas range features hampers, gingerbread houses, Christmas cakes, puddings, and many other delicious things. More info here.
- Dr Morse has given its menu a bit of a refresh, and it’s got a pan-Asian feel to it. Check it out here.
- CBD pasta bar Pentolina has refreshed their menu as well, get yourself the pappardelle al ragu, or rigatoni alla salsiccia if you’re a meat fan. More info here.
- Carlton North Turkish and Middle Eastern restaurant Babajan is now serving up delicious dinners. Perfect for this weekend.
- Koko Black has just released a range in collaboration with Brae owner Dan Hunter. Featuring ingredients straight from the bush like Lemon Myrtle, Whipstick Wattle, and Green Ants, there are flavours like you’ve never had before. More info here.
- Mornington Peninsula microbrewery Red Hill Brewery has launched some new beers. Drink their ‘Christmas Belgian Abbey Ale’, Kölsh Golden Ale, East Coast Session IPA, or Two Bays Pale Ale when you’re down there over summer.
- PIMM’s is the summer drink of choice for many, and if that’s you, you’re in for a treat here. Southbank’s Fatto Bar and Cantina is hosting a PIMM’s takeover from December through to March, Wednesday to Friday 4pm until late. More info here.
- Classic gin brand Tanqueray is taking over Jimmy Brings to launch “Ginny Brings” from December 1. If you’re after a G&T delivered straight to your door, you’re in luck. More info here.
- If you’re looking to drop a bit of cash on art, why not make sure your dollars are also going to a good cause? SIMPLE GESTURES Exhibition is on this weekend, where the artists are looking to raise $200K to go to The Alfred Foundation. More info here.
Looking for something else to do this weekend? Here's our rundown on what's happening in Melbourne right now.
Image credit: Simon Shiff