So you’re new to P-town—or maybe you’ve just moved back from a few years abroad. Either way… welcome friend. We’ll have you Sunday seshing and poorly merging in no time.
Here’s 25 things you should know when you move to Perth.
- Our local definition of good public transport is probably not your definition of good public transport.
- Get a car.
- With air conditioning.
- But remember, you can't drive it to the stadium.
- You’ll need a cool new friend to show you the kewl adult bars around town. Most bars are our little trick on the tourists. Hilar.
- Cottesloe is a beautiful and fickle mistress full of sharks and stingers. You wouldn’t know it by looking at her.
- You will get burnt. #slipslopslap
- We find it hilarious when Kiwis say jandals. Haha jandals. Classic.
- Cars of teens will drive by you screaming all sorts of sh*t—don’t worry, they're just saying hello and welcome!
- Uber was a big deal for us.
- Yes, you will get cold here in winter. Not because it’s that cold but because the heating in our homes is about as efficient as our public transport.
- We love a hipster concept cafe or bar. Deconstruct my coffee. Take my money!
- We’ll line up for a posh brunch.
- Douth is a rite of passage—with wine!
- On Fridays we drink at 4.
- Gumtree for all your needs—from your new share house to a threesome in Rockingham.
- Random kangaroos, everywhere.
- No more buying booze from a deli or petrol stations. The important thing is you got to experience it somewhere else.
- Newsreaders with Aussie accents = best.
- Things move more… slowly…… here.
- No… we shan’t be going out on weeknights. Silly big city person.
- Or go to Whiteman Park … ok, just this once.
- Bali is Perth. Bali is life.
- Everything won’t seem so expensive if you Pay Pass.
- Reality TV. Hope you like to cook, hope you like to flip houses.
Lived in Perth for a while? Here's 28 Things You've Definitely Said!
Image credit: CBH Stays.