Alright guys, summer is almost here so let’s kick this festive season off with a bang. From Menangle, New South Wales, seasoned crowd pleasers The Rubens, much to our delight are once again hitting up their home shores. This alternative five-piece rock band is about to embark on another Australia tour this year and the best part is – it’s free. Yep, that’s right, we said free. These guys are the real deal.
Throughout November and December the band will play a mammoth 22 shows across New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and Western Australia. In true Aussie fashion, they’re taking the tour to down-to-earth venues such as local surf clubs and pubs, changing it up from their regular big city gigs. The shows will take place from afternoons to early evenings; they’ve even thrown in a couple of Sunday sessions for us. It’s all very Australian.
Let’s be honest we all love an afternoon bev or two and when the only coin leaving our pockets is for beers it’s really a no brainer. Check out the dates for your closest location, gather your pals and enjoy a cold beer by the ocean, listening to the melodic tunes of the Rubens.
More info on the tour can be found here.
New South Wales
- Friday 11 November, 8.30pm Coogee Bay Hotel, Coogee
- Sunday 13 November, 2.30pm, Towradgi Beach Hotel, Towradgi
- Friday 25 November, 8.30pm Queens Wharf Hotel, Newcastle
- Sunday 27 November, 5pm, Clovelly Hotel, Clovelly
- Saturday 3 December, 2.30pm, Beach Hotel, Byron Bay
- Saturday 3 December, 8pm Hotel Brunswick, Brunswick Heads
- Thursday 17 November, 7.30pm, Republica, St Kilda
- Friday 18 November, 6pm, The Boatbuilders Yard, South Wharf
- Saturday 19 November, 3pm, Lorne Hotel, Lorne
- Saturday 19 November, 3pm, Torquay Hotel, Torquay
- Sunday 20 November 2pm, Portsea Hotel, Portsea
- Sunday 20 November, 6pm, The Emerson, South Yarra
- Friday 2 December, 9pm, Noosa Surf Club, Noosa Heads
- Sunday 4 December, 3pm, Fisherman’s Wharf Tavern, Main Beach
- Sunday 4 December, 7pm, The Islander, Surfers Paradise
- Friday 9 December, 9pm, The Parade Hotel, East Bunbury
- Saturday 10 December, 9pm, The Northshore Tavern, Hillarys
- Sunday 11 December, 2pm, Mullaloo Hotel, Mullaloo
- Sunday 11 December, 7pm, The Aviary, Perth CBD
Image credit: Corona Sunsets