It’s no secret us Sunshine Coasters are a little coffee-crazy. Okay, maybe we’re more like addicts. But with some of the world’s best coffee and most skilled baristas, why the heck wouldn’t we be? We absolutely love the stuff, and many will admit they cannot function as humans without starting the day with a cuppa to go from their fave local cafe.
Unfortunately, for our beloved Mother Earth, our passion for coffee brings some downsides. It’s estimated that Aussies use over a billion takeaway cups each year….and a huge majority of these end up in landfill, as they can’t be recycled. Holy moly! So while things aren’t gonna change overnight, we can all do our part to make the world a better place. A heap of your fave cafes on the Coast are not only encouraging us to bring our own cups, but they’re rewarding us for it, too!
Here are a heap of places on the Sunshine Coast offering discounted coffee if you BYO cup. You’re welcome!
1. We heart Canteen Kitchen and Bar in Coolum, and we heart them even more because they heart the planet! They offer a 50c discount off any coffee with a reusable cup.
2. Speaking of Canteen, their Noosa cafe does the same fabulous dealio as above!
3. Staying wayyyy ahead of the eco-friendly game, receive a 50c discount on any coffee with a reusable cup at Skal Coffee in Peregian.
4. Pop in to FOMO Brewing for a delicious cup of Allpress coffee. With 50c off if you BYO cup, that’s starting the day right on so many levels!
5. This one’s a double whammy! Solbar in Maroochydore will not only knock $1 off any coffee in any reusable cup, but they’ll also give you $2 off any coffee purchased in one of their own branded reusable cups. Oh, and the first one’s free! You’re practically making money…
6. Make your next morning beach walk a little sweeter with a coffee from One on La Balsa in Buddina—get your coffee to-go 50c cheaper than usual with a reusable cup and you’ll feel good inside AND out!
7. From Wednesday to Saturday, take your keep cup along to the Eumundi Pavillion Markets and re-caffeinate yourself at darling Little Boy Blue. Don’t whip out that extra 50c piece—you won’t need it!
8. Mmmmm, Harvest. We’re obsessed with their bread, we’re dead for their brunche…and offering a 20c discount on coffees if you bring a reusable, this Cotton Tree cafe can do no wrong!
9. Lemon and Thyme is a modern, vibin’ Mooloolaba restaurant doing so many things right—one of which is taking 50c off any coffee if you BYO drinking apparatus.
10. Uhmmm, so we already know that anything and everything that comes out of Blended Health Bar is divine…but what could be better than saving the planet one delish coffee at a time? Take a cheeky 50c off your takeaway cawfees from Blended with your BYO cup.
11. Cafe Envy has long known the importance of looking after the planet, as well as looking after your body! Home of delish, big, healthy brekkies, get your coffee to go with a 50c discount at their Cotton Tree cafe.
12. Have we mentioned to you guys how lush Homegrown is? This gorgeous Palmwoods cafe never fails to disappoint, and they’ve totes delivered on the eco-friendly front—they’ll take 50c off each and every coffee ordered with a reusable cup.
13. Do your good deed for the day at Switch Espresso in Nambour and bring your own cup next time you get your coffee. They’ll give you 50c off it, because they’re sweet like that!
14. Top tip: every time you buy a coffee from Project Espresso with your keep cup, put away that 50c you save on each one! The keep cup will pay for itself, and you might even have enough left over to buy yourself something nice…depending how many coffees you buy a week, of course!
15. Yassss! Noosaville-ians, our friends at Clandestino Roasters deliver the goods, as per usual…get $1.00 off your next velvety cup o’joe when you hand over your trusty keep cup.
16. Mudjimba Beach bar and cafe High Tide have got the whole she-bang sorted…BYO cup, get 50c off. Simples!
17. Next time you’re strolling along Mooloolaba Esplanade and wondering where you should get your coffee fix, make a beeline for Lot 104 to get 30c off your coffee…but don’t forget your cup, of course!
Ok so now you've got all this caffeine induced energy how about some exercise?! We've rounded up the best running tracks on the Sunshine Coast here. We've also rounded up the best bike tracks on the Sunshine Coast here. What about hiking? We've rounded up the best hikes on the Sunshine Coast here. You're welcome!