Did you constantly find yourself bumping into tiny, everyday annoyances throughout 2016? So did we! We’ve conjured a handy list of 20 life hacks that’ll help you go forth into 2017 and kick ass.
- Ditch the sugar and sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon in your coffee. It will lower your cholesterol, is packed with antioxidants and improves brain function. Hellz yeah!
- Spaghetti works just like a match, so use a stick to light a tricky candle wick without burning your fingers.
- Freeze grapes to keep your white wine chilled and treat yo’self to an undiluted, uncompromised vino.
- Remember that a career is wonderful, but you can’t curl up with it on a cold night. Go home on time in 2017! Amen, Marilyn Monroe, amen.
- Wear headphones when you need to get shit done—annoying people will be less likely to interrupt you.
- Talk to your grandma. She misses you.
- Ever wondered what the ginger at sushi train is for? It’s a palate cleanser, so eat it between different plates for a taste bud reboot.
- There’s a hint of truth in the trendy madness that is coconut oil. People are going loco for coco because it’s great as a hair mask, and works a treat to remove stubborn makeup (hiding your hangover at Sunday brekkie dates with the fam).
- When you find the perfect pair of jeans, buy two.
- Not a morning person? Sleep in your workout gear to get your lazy arse out of bed and exercise before the sun rises.
- Run straight to the bathroom and brush your pearly whites after dinner. The Mars Bar screaming your name will seem less tempting.
- Sometimes it is okay to be selfish. Remember that.
- Always remind your parents how great they are, and in turn, you will be the favourite child #siblingwars.
- Don’t feel bad about staying in with UberEats or Deliveroo when you’re wanted at Friday night drinks; sometimes your body needs Netflix & Chill in more ways than one!
- Go for a big walk and catch up with your nearest and dearest on the phone. Get fit or die trying, while chatting to those you’ve been putting off. Sorry, Mum.
- Good things happen to those who hustle.
- Attention: FREE HUGS. Cuddling triggers the same neurological reaction as painkillers, so a hug a day keeps the headaches at bay.
- Woken up with an oily fringe but can’t be bothered to wash your hair? Rock a tight ponytail up-do and work shampoo through your fringe for a fresh-out-the-shower look with minimal effort.
- Always order two drinks so your hands are full and you can’t text boys you shouldn’t (thank us later).
- Take a deep breath; it’s just a bad day. Not a bad life.
Need some more advice? Check out these New Years Resolutions That Are Better Than Yours.
Image credit: ParParV