We've all been there, you've planned a great day outdoors in Melbourne but Melbourne's gone and done it again—it's started pouring with rain.
So, you're going to need to find some things to do when it's raining in Melbourne, and the list below is exactly what you're after. We've put together a ton of indoor activities for you to do in Melbourne when the heavens have opened above the world's (second) most liveable city.
Grab your puffer jacket, pull out that beanie, and check out the best indoor activities in Melbourne.
- Catch a butterfly at Melbourne Zoo’s Butterfly House.
- Catch a local jazz act at Bird's Basement in the CBD.
- Watch a classic flick with an obligatory glass of wine at the Astor Theatre in St Kilda.
- Grab a pint from any of Melbourne's great breweries.
- Come face to face with stingrays and sharks at Melbourne Aquarium. Think about how you could quite easily punch a shark if it tried to eat your legs.
- Go to NGV, just go there, just do it. There's always something amazing on, plus you'll feel like you're a bit cultured for once.
- And while you're in the area stop by ACMI as well, and check out one of the awesome exhibitions.
- Or curl up with a book and some board games at Willows & Wine. The fireplace is fake, but the charm is real.
- Expand your mind to scientific proportions, gaze at the Planetarium's starry sky, or just put your head on your plate of food at Scienceworks.
- Work those arms and legs with a good rock climbing session, check out this list for all of the indoor rock climbing walls you need to know about.
- Throw axes at a wall and get that anger out of your block at Maniax.
- Learn some new skills and book into a class at WorkShop Melbourne.
- Lock yourself up in one of Melbourne's many escape rooms, check out the best of them here.
- Be educated by the brilliant minds at the Immigration Museum.
- Eat the famous Nutella Burger from Nuts About Tella. You only live once.
- Visit the Melbourne Museum and get some more culture flowing through the veins.
- Burn off that Nutella Burger with a trip to Melbourne's nightclub spin studio—Bodhi & Ride.
- Get stuck into Melbourne's best vegan roast at A Fan's Notes.
- Enjoy some peace and quiet at the State Library, or do some study you pesky little procrastinator. They've got chess in the dome room now, too.
- Join the free-jumping revolution and bounce over to Bounce Melbourne.
Don't like spending money? Here's a bunch of free things to do in Melbourne right now.
Image credit: NGV