If you’re anything like us, you ate, drank and online shopped your way through winter like there was no tomorrow and now you’re feeling pretty sorry for yourselves, because there actually is a tomorrow and it’s looking bleak savings-wise.
Well, fear not my friends! Your social life is no longer in squalor because—with the help of Bankwest’s handy budgeting tool and savings calculator—we’re bringing you all of the rad things to eat, see, drink and do in Perth, even if you’re on a measly little allowance.
Here are 20 things to do in Perth on a budget!
- Run, don’t walk, to Northbridge to get your mouth around the best food deal our sweet city has to offer—Tre Amici. This $35 roving dinner includes antipasti and a glass of vino at No Mafia, Francoforte’s delicious pasta and gelato with extra chocolate sauce from Chicho to top everything off.
- Catch a $10 flick at Reading Cinema in Belmont, any day of the week. Legends!
- Pack a picnic, make your way to the South Perth foreshore and enjoy.
- Get your butt to Pinchos during happy hour for $1 pintxos and $3.50 ponies of Estrella Damm.
- Relax with a luxurious 90-minute spa treatment including a full body massage and facial at the Central Institute of Technology Beauty Therapy Day Spa Clinic for $50.
- Grab a big box of Cosmos Flame-Grilled Chicken and Kebabs’ famous chips for the sweet fee of $6.
- Head out on one of the many walking trails Kings Park has to offer—we love Law Walk!
- Hop in the car and take a drive out to Lancelin. If you get hungry, stop for a sausage roll and choc milk somewhere along the way for budget approved snacking.
- Strap on your hiking boots (or you know, your Nikes) and head off on Kitty's Gorge Walk Trail. It may be long, but don't worry, Millybrook Winery awaits you at the end.
- From Wednesday to Friday between 4pm and 5pm you can climb to the rooftop of the Print Hall building where the good folk at Bob’s Bar will be pouring $4 middis and $8 pints.
- If you’ve only got a dollar to your name you can visit the Art Gallery of WA or the Fremantle Roundhouse.
- While you’re in Freo visiting the Roundhouse stop by Ootong & Lincoln for one of their extremely reasonably priced coffees. $3 for regular or $3.50 for large—that’s pretty unheard of in Perth!
- Shake off those money woes and dance in the dark at No Lights No Lycra in West Leederville or Fremantle for just $7.
- Grab some fish and chips from Amberjacks in Cottesloe and watch the sun set over the Indian Ocean.
- Count your remaining pennies and scoop up a bag of chocolate covered nuts to the same value at Kakulus Brothers in Northbridge.
- Pick up some bargains at the Fremantle Markets.
- Head to your local dog beach and pat all of the cute puppies.
- Put your Spanish hat on and stop by Duende on a Monday or Tuesday for Sangraella Days—you can get a bowl of paella and a glass of sangria for only $25.
- Burn off the cals from your paella at the Bicton Baths. It’s $5.50 for a visit!
- Feeling the Mexican vibes? La Cholita have you sorted with their $2 taco Sundays. Yessss!
Image credit: Louise Coghill
Editor’s note: This article is proudly sponsored by Bankwest and endorsed by The Urban List. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Urban List possible. Click here for more information on our editorial policy.