Not to be that person who makes a big deal about their birthday, but please stop everything you’re doing at look how big we are, because The Urban List has just turned five years old!
Yep, The Urban List been dishing up the best of the best around the country for five whole years (and we don’t look a day over four). It’s been a hell of a ride, and we’re stoked to have such a big presence in Perth, as well as Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Auckland.
Now that we’re wearing our big boys pants we thought it was high time to let our hair down and celebrate the only way we know how, with a good list. So, to mark our 5th birthday, we’re counting down our team’s ultimate Perth Top 5s—those Perth businesses who’ve kept us fed, watered, dressed, and (somewhat) fit over the years, without which we’d be lesser humans.
Supporting these brill’ businesses is what gets us out of bed in the morning. We hope some of our favourites have become yours too.
Perth, you da best!
- Bodhi J for extreme pampering time
- LaFit Lagree classes to offset all the eating and drinking I do for work
- Little Sisto for the best coffee and epic bacon and egg sangas
- Sara Fox for wardrobe investments!
- Authentic Bites Dumpling House for spicy wontons that are next-level delish
It's like choosing between my babies.
- Sweetwater for long boozy lunches and amazing gyoza
- Love Story for burning a hole in my credit card
- Long Chim for cocktails
- Mack Daddy’s for pizza the size of your head
- Motion Lifestyle for cool kicks
Meat and Sunday’s, these are a few of my favourite things.
- El Publico for the full meat platter
- Petition Beer Corner for their craft beer range
- Shipping Lane for a Sunday brekky
- The Beach Club’s Sunday Sesh
- Gusto Gelato because gelato is my weakness
This is an impossible task, but here goes.
- Il Lido for a post swim breakfast or a sunset Negroni
- Juanitas for red wine and cheese platters any night of the week
- Renos on St Quentin for the best locks in Perth
- Lado Of Ro for that drool-worthy halloumi
- The Guildford for Sunday bloody marys and their ping pong table
Eat, drink, surf, repeat!
- Little Creatures, there’s nowhere better for sunny afternoon drinks in Summer
- The Stay Lucky Co, support your local surf/coffee shop
- Daphne for their great people and great coffee
- Strange Company’s whiskey sours, after a visit to Little Creatures of course
- The Mantle for pizza, burgers, tapas, beers, wines, cocktails, table tennis…I could go on forever
Pizza, choc tops and kimchi are the way to my heart.
- Old Lira for their number 2 and number 7 pizzas
- Flo Espresso when I need a hot choc and kimchi toasty fix (aka erry day)
- F Is For Dance for when I want to shake my booty like Beyonce
- Kave Studio for my bi-annual hair de-thickening and amazing head massages
- Luna Leederville for indie flicks and the best choc tops in P-town
Terms & Conditions: By entering this competition you agree to sign up to The Urban List database. Total prize valued at $630. Prize includes dinner for 6 people at Sweetwater Rooftop Bar. Entries close 5:00PM AWST 19th October 2016. Winners will be notified by email.
Sweetwater Rooftop Bar | Image credit: Elle Borgward