Full of energy and constantly re-inventing itself, Las Vegas is the destination city for a seriously good time! From cocktails to canyons, shopping to showtime, there is nowhere else on earth quite like Las Vegas.
To get you in the holiday mood, we’re showcasing some of the hidden gems in this great city. If you’re planning a trip to the States, or just need a little vacay inspiration, here’s your ultimate hit list of 50 awesome things to do in Las Vegas!
Luxe Chill Out
1.Get in the holiday spirit and book a luxury suite at the Bellagio.
3. Want a slice of the iconic Las Vegas of old? Stay at the Tropicana; the drinks are g.o.o.d!
4. Go camping in Humboldt-Toiyabe national forest.
Eat, Drink and Be Merry
6. Devour the 16-course degustation menu at three Michelin-starred Joël Robuchon, MGM Grand.
7. Hoe into a classic hot dog at famed food truck, Dude Where’s My Hotdog.
8. Eat the ultimate steak dinner at STK, The Cosmopolitan.
9. Be a celebrity for a night and order bottle service at LAX, Luxor!
10. Get the Smoke Shack burger from Shake Shack at the New York-New York. Life. Changing.
11. Book a table at Piero’s Italian Cuisine, just a 10-minute drive from the Strip. Famous for their pasta and it’s appearance in the movie Casino.
12. Head downtown to Atomic Liquors, widely regarded as the oldest bar in downtown Las Vegas.
13. Dine 11 floors above the Strip at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant, Paris.
14. People-watch at Spago by Wolfgang Puck at Caesars Palace. #celebritysightings.
15. Party into the wee hours at famous nightspot, Tao, inside the Venetian Resort.
16. Rub shoulders with the A-List crowd at celeb haunt, 1Oak, The Mirage.
17. Watch the world famous ‘Wine Angels’ fetch your chosen vintage from the four-storey bottle vault at Aureole, Manadaly Bay.
18. Lace up your comfiest walking shoes and navigate the iconic Strip from top to bottom.
19. Work off all that eating and join a guided bike tour on the Red Rock Canyon scenic route.
20. Zip line across the city skyline attached by a harness at Voodoo Zip Line, the Rio. Don’t overthink it…
22. Listen to Aussie boys Human Nature belt out classics in their new show Jukebox at The Venetian Palazzo.
23. Take a helicopter ride by Papillion Tours to the Hoover Dam for breathtaking views of this concrete masterpiece!
24. Ever the daredevil, book a session at Vegas Indoor Skydiving.
25. Get in on some vintage gaming action at the Pinball Hall Of Fame.
26. Check out the private collection of Picassos and other works of art at Bellagio’s Gallery of Fine Art.
27. Check out the National Atomic Testing Museum. A must for history buffs.
28. Get away from the bright city lights by renting a kayak and cruise down the river at Black Canyon.
29. Into the whole ‘Wild West’ thing? Saddle up and take a morning horseback ride through Nevada’s incredible desert scenery.
30. Take a selfie with the iconic Welcome to Las Vegas sign #nofilter.
31. Swat up on Nevada’s rich and colourful history at The Mob Museum.
32. Ride on a gondola along the man-made canal at The Venetian.
33. Stretch the old legs and take a stroll around the beautiful cacti at Las Vegas Springs Preserve.
35. A trip to Las Vegas would be wasted without a night at a headliner show! Check out Showstoppers at Wynn for a night to remember.
36. Splurge on a booth at OMNIA Nightclub at Caesars Palace.
37. Enjoy the breathtaking Viva Vision light show at the Fremont Street Experience, downtown.
38. Up for some entertainment? Scoot down to The Bunkhouse Saloon for local bands and live music.
39. Make your way to Stratosphere (the tallest building in all of Nevada) and ride the Big Shot. You dare devil, you!
Primp and Pamper
40. Regroup body and mind at Qua Baths & Spa in Caesars Palace.
41. Indulge in a massage at Canyon Ranch’s The Salon, The Venetian.
42. Get your nails did real fancy at Tokyo Nail Art Bar, Grand Bazaar.
Spend Up A Storm
44. Pick up some of Nevada’s finest local produce from On The Ranch Farmers and Artisan Markets, in North Las Vegas.
45. Do a luxe restaurant crawl and visit each of the epic restaurants British food critic Jay Rayner tries in his book The Man Who Ate The World.
46. Watch Pawn Stars? Check out the pawn shop that TV made famous (and maybe pick up a bargain or two while you’re there!).
47. Check out The Cosmopolitan’s pick of local and international boutiques if you’re keen to avoid the larger labels.
48. Shop til you drop at over 160 boutique stores at The Forum Shops at Caesars. If not for the shopping, go for the replica Trevi Fountain.
49. Need to do a mad dash for souvenirs? Get lost in Bonanza, the world’s largest gift shop!
Image credit: Tourism Las Vegas
Editors note: This article is sponsored by Tourism Las Vegas and proudly endorsed by The Urban List. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Urban List possible. Click here for more information on our editorial policy.