Australians and the rest of the world have been vastly affected by the ongoing bushfire crisis around the country.
Victoria’s east has been hit hard, and a lot of Melbourne businesses are chipping in to help raise much-needed funds to go where it's needed most.
If you wish to donate directly to funds, read this article, which outlines the best places to donate.
Here are some Melbourne venues doing their bit. We’ll be updating this article ongoing, please check back often.
- Il Melograno | Grab some free gelato at their three locations (Fitzroy, Northcote, and Mornington) and drop in a donation with proceeds going to the Red Cross Bushfire Appeal.
- Prince Alfred Port Melbourne | Running Karma Kegs and DJ requests. Pay what you want for a pint and a song. More information here.
- Meatsmith | Running a ‘Ham-Raiser’ from Thursday 23 January to Saturday 25 January in the hope of raising $40,000. Buy your ham here.
- Braeside Brewing Co. | Donating $1 from every schooner sold to the CFA, and their tip jar on Friday 10 January.
- Messina | Raising funds for the Red Cross, Messina will give away 10 Golden Tickets (free gelato for a year) and a free cake on your birthday when they raise $10,000. Donate here.
- Tipico | Donating $1 from every pasta and pizza dish sold to the Vinnies Victoria bushfire appeal until January 26.
- Hanoi Hannah (All locations) | Commune Group will be donating all proceeds from their most loved dishes across their restaurants and the Colonial Brewing Co Beer sales to the CFA Victorian Bushfire Relief until January 12.
- Embla and Lesa | 50c donated from every glass of wine sold at Embla and Lesa to CFA Victoria.
- Daughter In Law | $55 tasting menu. 100% of the proceeds will go to the Fire Relief Fund for First Nations Communities.
- Dhaba At The Mill (Kyneton) | $25 per person for an all you can eat curry and rice buffet. 100% of the proceeds will go to the Fire Relief Fund for First Nations Communities.
- Horn Please | $25 per person for an all you can eat curry and rice buffet. 100% of the proceeds will go to the Fire Relief Fund for First Nations Communities.
- D.O.C Group | $1 from every coffee sold at D.O.C Espresso and $1 from every pizza sold at D.O.C Pizza & Mozzarella Bar Carlton, Southbank and Mornington will go to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal.
- Carolina Group | Throughout January, guests dining at any one of the Carolina Group venues (Bar Carolina, Tetto di Carolina, Cantina Carolina, Marameo, Il Bacaro) will have the opportunity to donate $2.50 to the Victorian Country Fire Authority. All donations made will be matched dollar for dollar by the team at Carolina Group.
- Good Times Milk Bar | Donated $1 from every coffee on Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th January plus all proceeds from each Puppychino sold and will again do this on Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th Jan. Donations go to the Red Cross.
- Pickett & Co | Until Sunday, 12 January, Scott Pickett will be making donations to the CFA for select cocktails sold across his restaurants:
- Estelle -$12 from each Estelle Spritz
- Lupo - $13 from each Spritz at Lupo
- Matilda - $16 from each Mac Tilda
- Pastore - $14 from each Native Negroni
- The Lincoln | Hosting ‘A Day At The Pub’. All money raised from the donation entry plus $1 from every drink sold between 3pm - 5pm will go towards the Bushfire Disaster Appeal and RSPCA Bushfire Appeal.
- The Everleigh | Running ‘Bar Bushfire Shake-Up’. Some of Melbourne’s best bars are coming together to raise proceeds for the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund. More information here.
- Stones Of The Yarra Valley | Donating all revenue from their venues to WIRES and Wildlife Victoria.
- Tulum| Hosting a fundraiser lunch, all proceeds going to the Red Cross. More information here.
- Lezzett | Hosting a fundraiser lunch on Sunday 12 January. All proceeds going to Red Cross. More information here.
- Zero Mode | From 17 January to 19 January Zero Mode will donate 100% of dinner sales.
- One Plus Piece | All sales on the 24th will be donated.
- Hencho en Mexico | All weekend, $2 from every taco and every Corona sold will be donated.
- Shawcross Pizza | 5% of all dine-in from today until COB Sunday will be donated to the Red Cross.
- La Cabra Mexican | 5% of all dine-in from today until COB Sunday will be donated to the Red Cross.
- Burger Road | $5 from every freak shake until Sunday 12 January.
- Old School Pizza | Free pizza and drinks to all firefighters, volunteer firefighters and anyone who has been evacuated from their home.
Image credit: Daughter In Law | Peter Tarasiuk