It’s that time of the month again, Listers! No, not that time. It’s the time where we rack our slightly dusty, end-of-year brains, to dig up the most magnificent meals we’ve wrapped our laughing gear around during the past 30 days.
You’ll recognise some of Melbourne’s best restaurants in the list below, as well as some newbies and under-the-radar gems. Whatever you do, make sure you munch on them before the year is out!
1. Szechuan fish fillets soaked in hot chilli oil at East Bar & Restaurant in the CBD – Pip
2. Slow-roasted red cabbage, prune, parmesan, and red apple at The Town Mouse in Carlton – Pip
3. Panko-and-lime-crusted duck schnitzel with smashed pumpkin and broccoli, red spiced buttermilk sauce, salad of pickled carrot, mandarin and coriander, at Lil Boy Blue Kitchen & Bar in Kew – Iro
4. Sri Lankan style 'Chili Mud Crabs' (Kakuluwo Curry) served with roast paan (to dip in the delicious gravy!) at Elephant Corridor in Glen Waverley – Iro
5. Tuna sashimi laced with spring onion, soy, and wasabi dressing at En Izakaya in Balaclava – Jess
6. Smoked brisket bun with ssamjang and kimchi at Kong in Richmond – Jess
7. Warm Chicken Meatball salad atop peas and mint, fregola, lettuce, muscatels, and pepitas at The Meatball & Wine Bar in Collingwood – Wes
8. Southern Fried Chicken with a cajun tobasco mayo at White Oaks Saloon Bar & Dining in Prahran – Wes
9. Cheeky choc chia parfait of chia mousse and chia pudding layered with berries and crunchy activated buckinis at Heal.Thy Self Co in Yarraville – Eline
10. Smashed avo on multigrain toast with heirloom tomatoes, goats cheese, basil, and evoo at Four Elms in Newport – Eline
Find more of Melbourne’s best restaurants and cafes here.
Image Credit: The Urban List Instagram