Here at TUL, we are girls (and guys) that lurve to eat. And eat. And EAT. Sure, we might dally with the 5:2 diet or a juice cleanse from time to time, but by and large, we are enthusiastic consumers of this city's finest food. Sampling the goods from Melbourne's best restaurants and cafes is part and parcel of our job (cry me a river), so we thought we'd start sharing with you some of our favourites each month—some tried and tested, some brand-spankin' new. Here are the best breakfasts, lunches, dinners, sweets and snacks we've savoured during October. We suggest you get them in your gob, toot sweet.
1. House smoked salmon with a beetroot, pine nut, avocado smash, and fennel cherry tomato salad with poached eggs from Common Galaxia in Seddon – Eline
2. Cauliflower rice risotto with zucchini, bacon, eggplant, pumpkin, and tomato (with added chicken) at Palate in Prahran – Eline
3. Black bean, corn salsa, jalapeños & sour cream jaffle at Dr Morse Bar & Eatery in Abbotsford – Iro
4. Raw lemon cheesecake made with activated almonds, activated Cashews, coconut oil, dates, lemon, and rice malt syrup at Green Press in Melbourne CBD – Iro
5. Corn Fritters with kasundi, haloumi, poached eggs, and salad of coriander and mizuna at Addict Food & Coffee in Fitzroy – Pip
6. Sticky Date Pudding with vanilla ice cream, butterscotch sauce & crisp toffee wafer at The Royston in Richmond – Pip
7. Anticucho de Corazon: beef heart, red onion, and aji rocoto from Piqueos in Carlton North – Ella
8. Som Tum Soft Shell Crab from Jinda Thai in Abbotsford – Ella
9. Tomahawk Rib Eye Steak: 1.5 to 2 kilos of Sher Wagyu (MS 8+) from Steak Ministry Bar & Grill in Glen Waverley - Wes
10. Sticky pulled lamb shoulder with lentil pilaf at Mr Lawrence in Port Melbourne – Wes
Find more Melbourne restaurants & cafes here.
Image Credit: Common Galaxia Instagram.