Having some mates over this weekend? Or maybe you're trying to impress a date with your sub-par cooking skills?
Well, you're going to need a smashing dessert either way--and that's where Naked For Satan's Strawberry Parfait on Vanilla Cumvs with Sheep's Milk Panna Cotta comes in.
You'll find great pintxos recipes like devilled egg with prawns and crabmeat, or squid ink risoni. Large dishes like steamed mussels in tomato with cider and fennel seed, or roast duck breast, pear, and parsnip as well as small dishes, medium dishes, desserts, and, of course, cocktails!
So let's get into it, here's how to make Naked For Satan's Strawberry Parfait.
- 6 egg yolks
- 45 grams sugar
- 180ml strawberry purée
- 180ml cream
- 45ml water
- 1 vanilla bean
- 50 grams butter
- 60 grams sugar
- 100 grams plain flour
- 1 sheet gelatine
- 30 grams glucose powder
- 90ml cream
- 125ml sheep's milk yoghurt
- 6 strawberries
- 50 grams sugar
- 100ml water
- Place the egg yolks into a mixer with the whisk attachment and whisk on a medium speed until they become pale and fluffy.
- In a small pot, combine the sugar and water, place on a medium-high heat and, using a thermometer, cook until it reaches 116°C.
- When the sugar mixture reaches 116°C, increase the speed of the egg yolk mixer to high and slowly and carefully pour the sugar into the egg yolks in a slow, steady stream. When the sugar syrup has been added, continue to whisk on high for 1-minute, then reduce the speed to medium and whisk until it is cool.
- While the mix is cooling, place the cream into a bowl and whisk it into stiff peaks. Fold the strawberry purée into the cream, making sure it is mixed well, then gently fold in the cream.
- Choose a tray deep enough for the parfait to be at least 4-5 centimetres high and line it with baking paper then pour in the parfait. Cover the dish with cling wrap and leave to set in the freezer overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C.
- Split the vanilla bean in half lengthways and scrape out the seeds. Place them in a mixer with a paddle attachment and add the butter and sugar. Mix together until it becomes pale and fluffy then add in the flour and mix until crumbs form.
- Tip the crumbs out onto a baking tray and rub them between the palms of your hands to make sure they are consistently sized. Place them into the pre-heated oven and cook until golden.
- Give the crumbs a stir to make sure they are cooking evenly, return them to the oven and cook until golden-brown. When cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool before using.
Frozen Sheep's Milk Panna Cotta
- Soak the gelatine in a little cold water to soften it.
- Combine the glucose powder and cream in a small pot and cook on a medium heat, stirring until the glucose has dissolved.
- Just before it comes to the boil, strain the gelatine from the water and add it to the cream, stirring to make sure it completely dissolves. Remove from the heat and whisk in the yoghurt.
- Allow the mixture to cool, then pour it into silicone freezer proof moulds (or an ice cube tray if you don't have moulds). Leave to set in the freezer.
- Dice the strawberries into small cubes.
- Place the sugar and water into a small pot and bring to the boil. When boiling, add the diced strawberries and give them a gentle stir. Remove the pot from the heat and let strawberries sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour the strawberries with the liquid into a container and refrigerate until cool.
- Remove the parfait from the tray and discard the baking paper. Portion the parfait into your desired portion sizes and return to the freezer until just before serving.
- Sprinkle a spoonful of the vanilla crumbs into each bowl and place the parfait on top. De-mould the panna cotta and place around the bowl. Garnish with the strawberries and some of their liquid.
Grab your copy of the Naked For Satan cookbook here.
Image credit: supplied