The weekend is so close we can taste it. Freaking Hallelujah and all that jazz. It's been a big week in Melbourne, and if you’ve not been able to keep up with all the antics, as always, we’ve got your back.
Here’s everything scrumptious you missed this week.
- Wallets at the ready! Gorman announced they're hosting a HUGE outlet sale this Saturday and Sunday at the Fitzroy Town Hall. We're talking up to 80% OFF last season's stock. You know what to do...
- Be proud, Melbourne. Our very own City Wine Shop was named Australia's best spot for a fun wine experience in the Young Gun of Wine talent search.
- As of this Saturday, you can be even lazier when you go out to eat…Brunch Affairs have teamed up with Cafe Brass to bring a brand new brunch concept to life, Trollied. Yum Cha style Brunch with $5 food served to you on Trolleys!
- La Svolta in Hampton just introduced a brand spanking new winter menu, and it's bloody delicious (we gave it a very thorough test run).
- Our mouths haven’t stopped watering since we found out that Rice Paper Sister will soon open its doors to some of Australia’s most creative chefs for a ‘One Day at our SISTRS’ series. It'll be running from July till October.
- Transport Hotel are working to cure your lunchtime winter blues by offering stone-cooked pizzas and wine for $15 (Monday to Friday), plus braised beef-cheek upstairs at Taxi Kitchen.
- We discovered Instagram’s latest game-changing video app. Get ready for looooonnnnng form.
- Being the Deso on a night out just got a whole lot more bearable with Australia’s first non-alcoholic gin.
- You can now make Tokyo Tina’s notorious smoked brisket ramen in your very own kitchen. We've got the low down.
- Super sisters Rylie McLoughlin and Caitlin Duncan have answered our ‘winter bod’ prayers and opened up a dedicated running gym in Cremorne.
- This one’s for the burger lovers. Mocha Joes just opened a second burger bar in Ripponlea…and it’s bigger than the original…BOOYA!
- Tea lovers, feast your eyes on this. We’ve found Cha Cha tea, a place that’s taking tea brewing to a whole new (very cheesy) level.
Image credit: Gorman