Another week down, guys. And it was a doozy. If you’ve been celebrating Melbourne new sun fetish by frolicking naked in a meadow of wildflowers, you might have missed a few things. Things like Viking-style ‘Sucking Pig Sundays’, very special hot sauces and the new line-up for Let Them Eat Cake. We’ll explain...
Here’s all the news you missed this week in Melbourne.
- Mjolner announced they’re gonna start running ‘Suckling Pig Sundays’. ‘Nuff said really.
- The Night Noodle Markets just dropped this year’s line-up, and it looks bloody delicious.
- We checked out Benzina Cantina, Preston’s new Mexican biker bar (from the guys behind Los Hermanos).
- Welcome To Thornbury announced a massive Greek food festival this weekend. Prep your body for day-drinking ouzo.
- The Astor announced they’re bringing back last year’s Harry Potter marathon. That’s all the Potter films (plus Fantastic Beasts) back to back to back to back.
- Let Them Eat Cake released their hotly anticipated 2019 artist line-up.
- The legends at Fancy Hanks answered our BBQ prayers – they dropped their own range of boutique hot sauces.
- Your mates at Beatbox Kitchen opened a second burger bar—this time on Gertrude St.
- We sat down and chatted with DJ, influencer and all around badass, Flex Mami.
- Box Hill’s Kitchen Republik just launched a pop-up laksa bar ‘round the corner. It’s called KL Laksa Kitchen.
- Dinner By Heston is now doing cocktail flights (and a whole new bar menu). Gimlets and Scotch Eggs anyone?
- Want to be an influencer? Le Cordon Bleu cooking school is now running food photography and styling workshops (for a lazy $675pp)
Image credit: Chester Wade