Summer, winter, and autumn may have their fans, but spring is clearly the best season.
The birds are singing, the flowers are blooming, and don’t even get us started on the temperature… If spring could be eaten, Goldilocks would be shoveling it in by the bowlful because it’s juuust right.
In fact, we dig spring so much that we’ve put together a hotlist of things to do on the Sunshine Coast, so you don’t miss even one glorious minute of it.
1. Plant yourself a vegetable garden.
2. Beat the summer crowds and head to the zoo.
3. Go glamping with Pitch Luxury Camping.
4. Grab some mates (ideally one of them with a 4WD) and spend the day at Double Island.
6. Re-acquaint yourself with the sea and head to one of the Sunshine Coast’s best beaches.
7. Take a road trip to the opposite end of the Coast from where you live—head north if you live down the southern end, inland if you live on the Coast, and vice versa).
8. Bags your tickets to Caloundra Music Festival and bust a move to the sounds of The Black Seeds and Ladyhawke.
9. Get fit for summer with kayaking classes.
10. Spring-ify your house with flowers from one of the best florists on the Sunshine Coast.
11. Three words: Fish And Chips.
12. Get your boogie on at the spring Full Moon Dance on November 19.
13. Buy loads of mangoes and make mango smoothies.
14. Buy even more mangoes and make mango daiquiris.
15. Get started on your summer glow with a spray tan.
16. Dig into the damn fine Sunday offerings at Rick’s Garage in Palmwoods. Their beer garden is next-level.
17. Check out all of the awesome local markets we have on the Coast.
18. Get up and watch the sun come up before it starts to rise waaay too early.
19. Learn how to hula hoop at the Wanderlust Sunshine Coast festival in October.
20. Book a summer stay-cay at one of these epic beach pads.
21. Nab yourself a spot on one of MV Catalina’s Saltwater Sunday cruises. Cocktails and DJs on a boat? Yes please!
22. Play tourist and check out a local attraction you’ve never visited before.
23. Go on as many picnics as you can—here’s a load of hidden picnic spots you might not know about.
24. Explore Noosa Botanic Gardens while everything is in full bloom.
25. Spring clean your wardrobe (and that other closet you took over 12 months ago).
26. Now that you’ve made space in your wardrobe, fill it again with summery goodies from the best Sunshine Coast fashion boutiques.
27. Swing by Bonsai Brewhouse in Pomona for house-brewed beer and good vibes.
28. Play a game of badminton at the beach.
29. Dive into one of these secret swimming spots on the Sunshine Coast.
30. Grab a group of friends and have an old-school BBQ at the beach.
31. Spend a Sunday eve at High Tide in Mudjimba for cocktails, epic share plates, and live music.
32. Brunch like a boss at one of our fave brunch spots.
33. Get your hike on before it gets too darn hot at one of these next-level hiking spots.
34. Host a garden party (complete with picnic rugs and Pimm’s punch) at home.
35. Adopt or foster a dog (nawwww!), then take it along to the best dog-friendly cafes on the Sunshine Coast.
Image Credit: Hayley Williamson for Metropolist