Money comes and money goes, but hunger, that’s something you’ve got to deal with stat, no matter what the state of your bank balance.
You’ve loved our roundups of the best cheap eats on the Sunshine Coast in the past, so we thought it’d do way more good than harm to add another bunch to the list.
1. We’ve shown you how much we love wings but we’re still not done, and neither is Corbin’s. Rock up on a Wednesday evening and you’ll be walking straight into their $10 wing night. Take your pick from five tantalising flavours and up your bill to $15 to nab a schooner of lip-smackin’ brew.
2. Why pasta is not a food group on its own, we will never understand. But that’s okay. Some things are meant to be a mystery. Much like how Sol Bar can afford to make insanely delicious pastas for a measly 10 bucks on a Tuesday! Available for lunch and dinner, depending on the week you could be weighing up whether the traditional Bolognese, meatballs in Napoli sauce, or the fettuccini carbonara with bacon and parmesan is going to best hit the spot.
3. All hail Thursday nights at Good Bar in Mooloolaba. Why, you ask? Well, there’s a whole heap of reasons but we’ll start with three pretty epic ones: $2 tacos, $15 for a kilo of wings, and live music. Basically, if you want to eat cheaply and it’s nearing the end of the week, check in on this crew. They’ll get you sorted!
4. Scrap any weekend plans you may have and replace them with a seriously delicious all-you-can-eat lunch at Geisha Japanese Restaurant. Serving up some of the best Japanese on the Sunshine Coast, drop in on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday and for under 20 bucks you can scoff back all the sushi, spicy karaage, and Yakiniku pork you could possibly desire. And that’s just the beginning…
5. Does the sound of Endless Pizza Night rock your boat like it does ours? Stupid question, really, but you never know… Every Wednesday night at Zachary’s Noosaville restaurant they open the pizza floodgates, serving up endless pizza tastings from the kitchen to your table for $17 per person. Probs worth booking, because, pizza.
6. You already know we love the filth at Dirty Moes, but what you might not know is that they dish up their infamous brisket for a teeny tiny $15 on Wednesday nights. With salad and fries, of course.
7. Out with Taco Tuesdays and in with Tapas Tuesdays! Jazzing up their cheap nosh menu to include the likes of Thai fish cakes and Mexi mussels, Taps Mooloolaba is serving up delicious $5 share plates (min. order of four plates) that’ll no doubt keep them in the running for the best cheap eats on the Sunshine Coast.
8. Anybody who ever lunches in Maroochydore is probably going to know about Pum’s Kitchen in the Big Top Market Fresh, and that’s because it’s THAT good. Open day and night, you’ll bag authentic takeaway Thai without the fancy prices. Need help deciding? Go the Pad See-Ew. There. Done!
9. Kick off your weekend in full swing with $2 oysters, and half price pizzas and bar bites at Miss Moneypenny’s erry damn Friday between 4pm and 6pm. Two-buck oysters, people!
10. One of the best cheap eats on the Sunshine Coast, Gopal’s kofta balls should come with a label warning consumers of the high chance of addiction. Served with tomato chutney at $4 for six balls, there’s no way you can go wrong.
11. Got a hankering for the ultimate comfort food, AKA a good ol’ chicken parmy? Mrs Brown’s makes ‘em big, mean, and cheap at just $15 on Thursdays. With options like Parm-ela Anderson and Arnold Schnitz-enegger, you know a visit to this Beerwah gem ain’t gonna be a one-time fling.
12. Health nuts can get their freak on with CK Wholefoods ever-changing, super fresh salads for 10 big ones. Updated daily, you might not know what you’re in for prior to rocking up, but at least you’ll know it’s going to be jam-packed with good-for-you stuff.
13. We’re sorry. We’re guilty of loving Taco Boy even if you don’t. Based only on the Sunshine Coast (for now) we can personally vouch for the shredded beef burrito, and the soft tacos with grilled Barramundi, and the slow-cooked pork enchiladas… you get the picture. It’s alllll good.
14. For those early mornings when only coffee will do, Your Place at Mooloolaba serves up regular-sized coffees for $2 between 7am and 8am, Monday to Friday. We challenge you to beat that!
Want more of the best cheap eats on the Sunshine Coast? We already guessed that!
Image Credit: The Urban List