It’s officially summer and life is better already. Longer days, big waves and salty hair are what we’re all about but there’s nothing we like more than kicking back with an ice-cold Summer Bright Lager after a long hard day of swimming in the sea.
There’s a whole heap of things happening all over the city and it can be hard to know what to do first so we’ve teamed up with Summer Bright Lager to celebrate the first day of summer and bring you this neat list of 20 things you neeeeeed to add to your summer bucket list, ASAP.
You have three months. Go.
- Set up camp at Rainbow Beach. We know it’s hot, but you need to do it at least once.
- Chase waterfalls. Buderim's Serenity Falls are our fave.
- Play beach cricket at Marcus Beach. It’s not just for kids.
- Eat your weight in mango. Fruit = health.
- Catch a movie at the outdoor cinemas.
- Round up your squad and go barefoot bowling at Mooloolaba Bowls Club.
- Have a Sunday sesh every single Sunday.
- Watch the sun go down with an ice cold Summer Bright Lager.
- Stay out of the sun and learn a different language.
- Try stand up paddle boarding at Cotton Tree.
- Cook up a BBQ storm at Peregian Beach Park.
- Let loose at a music festival. Falls Festival (yes, alllll the way down in Byron) is calling.
- Learn to surf at Little Cove.
- Do a bar crawl at Maroochydore.
- Befriend someone with a pool.
- Take on a long AF coastal walk. Mount Coolum counts. Kinda.
- Go on a road trip down south with your best mate.
- Have a super long, long lunch at Bistro C.
- Rent a boat on the Noosa River and live like royalty for the day.
- Spend your whole pay check on oysters and prawns.
Editor's note: This article is proudly sponsored by Summer Bright Lager and endorsed by The Urban List. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Urban List possible. Click here for more information on our editorial policy.
Image credit: Griffin Simm + Federica Portentoso