It’s that time of year again when us foodies lick our lips in anticipation for the annual Taste of Sydney, in partnership with Electrolux. And we can confirm that this year is set to be one of the most delicious yet! Bringing together the city’s top chefs, artisans and producers, the four-day event will be a true feast for the senses.
Taking place at Centennial Park from Thursday 12th to Sunday 15th March, you can expect gastronomical gurus such as MoVida, Porteño, Bloodwood and Saké Restaurant and Bar, alongside new Sydney restaurants including BANG Street Food and Pei Modern. There will be more than 50 dishes on offer, from 18 of Sydney’s best restaurants, spanning everything from Argentinian BBQ to Spanish tapas and Finnish inspired desserts.
No doubt you’ll be wondering where to start. Luckily, we’ve handpicked ten of the top dishes to try at Taste. Plus, read on for your chance to win one of ten double passes.
1. Because we’ll never turn our nose up at cheese, we’re starting with Otto Ristorante’s burrata. Layers of burratina, truffle, hazelnut, parmesan, porcini crumb and crostini that’ll melt in your mouth.
2. Biota Dining had us at dipped lamb caramel buns. Think soft lamb belly with a hot lamb glaze.
3. We’re a tad intrigued by Popolo’s purple potato gnocchi with mixed mushrooms, chilli, pine nuts, and salted dried ricotta. You can see them in action making this gastronomic delight.
4. Brent Savage’s Monopole will bring us a smoked salt cod with peas, pistachio and mint.
5. You can’t go past Saké Restaurant and Bar’s signature dish: Glacier 51 toothfish with caramelised miso, ginger and mirin.
6. The Cut Bar & Grill is dishing up Texas style smoked pork belly with a side of coleslaw and sweet BBQ sauce.
7. Prefer something sweet? Ananas Bar and Brasserie has created seasonal speciality eclairs by Yves Scherrer, with your choice of salted caramel or carrot cake with cream cheese. Yum.
8. Get in line for Jonah’s grilled marinated lamb cutlet with spinach, fig and saba. No need to drive the hour out of Sydney just stop by Centennial Park on Saturday 14th March.
9. Adventurous foodies will want to save room for Pei Modern’s chicken casarecce, with hearts, gizzards and reggiano.
10. Lastly on our list of dishes to try is new kid on the block, BANG Street Food. Dig in to the Bangladeshi wagyu tri tip curry with satkora, coriander and pilau rice.
Want to rub shoulders with star chefs like Frank Camorra, Colin Fassnidge, Mark Best and Shaun Presland? Enter below for your chance to win one of five double passes to Taste of Sydney in partnership with Electrolux.
Terms and conditions: Comp closes at 11:59PM AEDT 08/03/2015 with 5 winners drawn at random. Authorised under permit number LTPM/14/01126. Prize consists of 5 winners, who will each receive 2 x General Admission tickets to Sydney Taste Festival 2015, valued at $60 per double pass. By entering, you agree to subscribe to both The Urban List and Taste Sydney databases.
TUL Note: This article is proudly sponsored by Taste of Sydney and endorsed by The Urban List. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Urban List possible. Click here for more information on our editorial policy.