Foodies, rejoice! We’ve hit the streets to bring you 25 of the tastiest new dishes from our favourite Sydney restaurants and cafes for you to get stuck into. So, how many have you ticked off the list?
1. Wrap your hands around Our Way BLT at new Sydney café, Dr Faustus, and wash it down with a bowl of cereal milk.
2. Sample the famous xiao long bao soup dumplings at Din Tai Fung Miranda.
3. Head over the bridge to The Hayberry, which is dishing up some of the best buffalo wings in Sydney. Drown them in blue cheese sauce, and then lick your plate clean.
4. You can’t go past the Coorong beef burger with pickled zucchini, manchego cheese, chipotle mayo and sweet potato fries at Harry’s Bar & Dining. Trust us, it’s worth the wait.
5. Slap on your bib for the messy burger with a side of kimchi poutine at Chicken Institute.
6. Spice things up with the fire and ice oysters at Sake Double Bay.
7. Dig in to the classic beef meatballs on polenta mash at Ballers Polpetteria.
8. Did someone say fried dough sticks with pandan custard? Dunk them dough sticks at Boon Café.
9. If your mouth’s watering at the thought of apple fritters laden with toffee sauce, head to the brand new Newtown café, Three Queens on King.
10. It’s named Bondi’s Best for good reason. We’ll take a serve of beer battered flathead and chips.
11. New kid on the block, Bang Street Food is dishing up lamb shoulder blade with okra, mint yoghurt and black salt.
12. #Cleaneating is all well and good, but we’ll take the Cheeky Doublecheese from Sydney burger restaurant, Cheeky Burger, any day.
13. Next up, it’s panini with eggplant parmigiana at Redfern Continental.
14. On the Southside, try the prawn and pancetta pizza with cardamom spiced tomato at Miranda Hotel.
15. Swedish meets Japanese at new Sydney café, Edition Coffee Roasters. Tuck into the salmon on pumpernickel, crowned with fish roe and sesame seeds.
16. You’ll want to wear your stretchy pants for this one: smoked pork belly with pink peppercorn and chipotle molasses at Two & Twelve.
17. For the vegos, you must try the black bean spaghetti with wild mushrooms, nori and pine nuts at The Dandylion Bondi.
18. Get your Mexican on with ceviche Tulum tostaditas at Playa Takeria.
19. We’re going (coco)nuts for the Bounty & Co at Azoto. It comes spiked with a melted chocolate syringe.
20. Graze on the chargrilled corn with lime, queso fresco and chipotle mayo at Contrabando.
21. Molten cheese (yes, that’s a thing) with spicy pork belly shreds at Arisun Express.
22. Still clasping on to that New Year’s resolution? We have you covered with the rainbow nourish bowl at Ritual Coffee Traders.
23. Fratelli’s stuffed zucchini flowers are well known for a reason. Get yours at the new Sydney restaurant, Fratelli Parlamento.
24. Head to Bondi Markets for banoffee with rum tossed banana at Miss Lilly’s Kitchen.
25. Satisfy your sweet tooth with burnt caramel gelato at Bellingen Gelato.
Image: Nikki To