And so this is Christmas. That wonderful time of the year when you find yourself in a flurry because your bestie, your bae, and even your boss all expect that perfect Christmas gift. Life, finances and those five margaritas you had last night can play havoc on the Christmas budget, so we’ve rounded up the best of the best this festive season.
We’re talking presents under $50 that don’t suck, all the way to luxe AF gifts that you’ll want to keep for yourself. Wanna know what’s even better? They’re all available online #win.
These are the best Christmas gifts, on any budget, available right now.
- Because you should never be cold and you should always be on point, that special person in your life 100% needs the cashmere throw rug by IN Bed Linen (RRP $380) for guaranteed snuggles this silly season.
- Jewellery is ALWAYS a good idea (write that one down) and we absolutely love the latest collection by local jewellery designer Holly Ryan. The gold and loop stud earrings in solid gold (RRP $520) come with either a citrine or a sapphire drop. These babies will have your BFF rocking those minimalist vibes.
- For the fancy fashionista in your live (or yourself) we can’t go past personalised errrrrything from the Daily Edited. Like their personalised large structured backpack (RRP $349.95) to fool everyone into thinking you have your life together. You then obviously need the matching wallet, phone cover, and we could go on.
- One of our favourite summer drinks at the minute, Pommery Brut Royal NV Champagne (RRP $69.99) will have you looking luxe this festive season; and the best thing about bringing a bottle to Chrissy lunch is that they totes have to share it with you.
- Whether you love cheese, wine, beauty or a little luxury, the clever folk over at The It Kit have your Christmas officially sorted. Their hampers have everything you can think of, and a whole heap of awesome finds you never would have been able to find. If you’re going all out, the ultimate living luxuries kit (RRP $495) is Christmas goals. It comes complete with aromatherapy candle, bluetooth speaker, and loads more.
- Give them an experience they’ll love this Christmas, because after all it’s about spending time together. The Sydney Opera House offers the most ultimate of foodie degustations with their dining tour (RRP $295) including cocktail making at Opera Bar, treats at Raw Bar and Meat + Cheese Room, followed by sushi making at Opera Kitchen, lunch at Portside Sydney and dessert with cocktails at Bennelong. If getting up in the air is more your style, why not rent a sea plane to take you to Jonahs? You’ll depart Sydney Harbour on a private flight followed by a 4 course lunch (RRP $650)
- Give them the gift of speed this Christmas and hire them the sports car they’ve always wanted. There is just one catch, they will have to give this one back. All the European faves are here, like the Aston Martin V8 which starts at $400.
- Why have one gym membership when you can get yourself that bangin’ new year’s body at all of the gyms. A ClassPass gift voucher is exactly what the gym junkie in your life needs. For just $99 per month you get 10 classes at some of Sydney’s best studios #sold.
- All you really want for Christmas is to relax, right? Get you and your bae, bestie, mum (or dad) down to one of QT Sydney’s luxury spas. If you really love them, then they’re worth the 360 minute metamorphosis package (RRP $795) right?
- Gin that tastes like a Chrissy pud is an absolute yes from us and that’s exactly what the clever folk over at Four Pillars have gone and done. Distilled with Christmas pudding, you can snag this for your mates (or yourself) complete with The Goods Tube copper bar spoon and juggler so you’ll look the business (RRP $130).
- Every year we say we are going to adult. Then we laugh and go back to our 3pm nap. Help all your mates stick to the resolution with an annual subscription (RRP $265) to Goodness Me Box. There’s also a vegan option to choose from so everyone will love it.
- Founded in Sydney by Belgian-French fragrance extraordinaire Dimitri Weber, Goldfield and Banks fragrances are the best scents of Australia in one cute bottle. The perfect luxe stocking stuffer and gift for the fam overseas, white sandalwood (RRP $229) inspired by Kununnurra Western Australia is one of our favs.
- It’s a well known fact that your life is 100% together if you have fresh flowers in your house. If you have them all year round you’re next level together. So get them the gift that keeps on giving every month with a monthly flower subscription (RRP $672) from Daily Blooms.
- For $50 a month you can have a charcuterie board delivered to your door. You’re officially listening aren’t you? All of the cold meats delivered? You’re welcome.
- Give the gift of organisation this Christmas with the Collective Hub diary (RRP $19.95), so they can officially get their shit together.
- Surprise them with a more budget friendly gift of locally grown fresh blooms (RRP $35) that won't break the bank thanks to Daily Blooms.
- Give the gift of perfect skin all year round with a Frank Body gift pack. Our favourite caffeinated beauty products have numerous packs to choose from but their original (RRP $38) is perfect for new (or old) converts.
- It’s not Christmas and it’s definitely not summer unless there is an inflatable pool tool. Grab your mate a Sunny Life inflatable cactus (RRP $34.95) and let the good times come to you.
- Literally say it with a candle this Christmas thanks to Damselfly Candles (RRP $39.95) and one of their quote candles.
- Chocolate is always a great idea and local masters, Oh!Boo chocolate, are up there with Sydney’s best. This is a little box of love with each flavour taking 48 hours to perfect, and you can share the love for $22 a box.
- If flowers aren’t your thing why not say it with beer? Brewquets are the local outfit giving the gift of hops this Christmas (RRP $35) and they also do cider.
- The It Kit might be seriously luxe but it’s also damn right affordable. Their Christmas nibbles basket will leave you with change from a fiddy (RRP $40) and if greenies are more how you roll, you have a whole lotta choice.
- We love anything locally made and Cornersmith is one of our favourites who bring their seriously epic homemade game to our bellies time and time again. The best news this Christmas is that they do hampers! With four hampers to choose from, starting with the three wise jars (see what they did there?), retailing at $40 you’re officially sorted.
- Who hasn’t travelled on a budget without a towel only to lay on one of the world's best beaches on a towel that is really more like a flannel, and that you’ve nicked from the hotel? Guilty as charged. That’s why we absolutely hand on heart love the Sydney company, Dock & Bay towels. Not only are their travel towels (RRP $31.99) light, cute and quick drying, they come in a handy travel bag.
- For the clumsy friend that spent 2016 dropping her phone every damn day. This bad boy by 3SIXT (RRP $29.99) is heavy duty, lightweight and comes in rose gold which is important because fashun.
- Whether it’s iced or near boiling, tea from T2 is a guaranteed Christmas winner no matter your budget. The limited edition Christmas teas come in collectable tins (RRP $30) and are ultimate holiday vibes.
- Who doesn’t love an activity at Christmas? This year get your hostess with the mostest the cutest DIY going around thanks to Petal Post (RRP $59)
- The fella in your life will love you forever if a Mr Bond Voucher (RRP $80) is waiting for him under the tree.
- Hands down the most useful of presents, sphere ice moulds are a round version of happiness (RRP $13.95) and make every drink taste better.
Image credit: Gabrielle Stjernqvist