If you’re as much of a Nutella tragic as we are (#notevenalittlebitsorry) then you’ll remember the great Nutella road trip that took our entire country by storm last year. Now try to control yourself when we tell you that it’s damn well coming back and excited is an understatement.
Spreading its hazelnut chocolate love up and down the South Coast, food truck legend and all ‘round good guy, Alistair Fogg (of The Nighthawk Diner and 2016 Nutella Road Trip infamy) is doing it all again—but this year, it’s even bigger. This time there’ll be six Nutella-heavy dishes and it’ll all be free. Yep, free. As in, you’ll still have coins left over for coffee afterwards, kind of free (but coffee is also included in the free, yep).
The dishes are all pretty insane in a good way (obvs). Expect crazy crumpets, with a classic banana, strawberry and Nutella combo, the sweet and salty smash, which will see you devouring toasted brioche, topped with smashed errrything (sweet potato, pretzels and Nutella), and a berry bagel, which is an Abe’s cinnamon and raisin bagel, doused in Nutella, then sprinkled with basil and raspberries. Let’s be real—you should head there for the free raspberries alone because they’re worth more than gold right now.
The tour will kick off in Sydney—specifically in Haymarket, for all of the Sydneysiders out there—on Thursday 22 June with the truck parked for only a few hours, so get in fast to avoid epic queues.
Here’s the full line up (yeah, you’re welcome):
- Sydney, Henry Deane Plaza, Haymarket, Thursday 22 June, 7.30am – 10.30am
- Manly, Manly Wharf, Friday 23 June, 7am – 10am
- Penrith, Tench Reserve, Saturday 24 June, 8am – 11am
- Central Coast, Erina Fair Shopping Centre, Sunday 25 June, 10am – 12pm
- Newcastle, Wheeler Place, Monday 26 June, 8am – 11am
- Port Macquarie, Hay Street Forecourt, Wednesday 28 June, 7am – 10am
- Coffs Harbour, Big Banana Carpark, Thursday 29 June, 9am – 12pm
- Northern Rivers, Lennox Head Forecourt, Friday 30 June, 7am – 10am
- Byron Bay, Bryon Bay Services Club, Saturday 1 July, 8am – 11am
- Gold Coast, Pacific Fair Shopping Centre, Sunday 2 July, 9am – 12pm
- Brisbane, Reddacliff Place, Monday 3 July, 8am – 11am
- Sunshine Coast, Alexandra Headland SLSC, Wednesday 5 July, 7am – 10am
Prefer doughnuts? Read this.
Image credit: Nutella Road Trip