It happens to the best of us. One day you’ll see something in the news, or on TV and you’ll come to that terrifying realisation—you’re old.
Of course, it happened gradually. It feels like just yesterday that you were sitting on your couch watching Ryan and Jade’s antics on Cheez TV while downing several bowls of Coco Pops, but today you just received your car rego bill. Good times.
In honour of the years passing faster than ever, here are 29 things that will make you feel old AF.
- You haven’t been carded at a pub for at least 5 years.
- Aaron Carter looks like this now.
- You first heard ‘Wannabe’ by the Spice Girls 21 years ago.
- Agro’s Cartoon Connection hasn’t been on TV for 20 years.
- Your favourite movie as a kid has now been remade into a live action version.
- You just met someone that was born post-2000 and you’ve actually died.
- And you realise they are probably driving by now.
- And their driving log book is an app now?
- MSN Messenger was your life and it doesn’t exist anymore.
- You just had to explain to a youth what a landline was.
- And that they used to have cords that stretched into other rooms.
- You remember the painful sound of a dial up modem.
- Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone was released 20 years ago.
- You just had a legal drink with someone who was born in 1999.
- You went to your 10-year school reunion.
- You see no value in a Snapchat Streak.
- You’re still rocking your [email protected] email address.
- Snake was the pinnacle of mobile gaming.
- Had you kept all of the clothes you owned when you were 13 they’d be back in style by now.
- Johnson & Friends first aired 27 years ago.
- Bronson from Round The Twist looks like this now.
- Before the Yowie returned to our shelves this year, it hadn’t been for sale in Australia for 12 years.
- In 3 years, 1990 will be 30 years ago…..
- Apple has discontinued both the iPod Shuffle and Nano, which means you’ve been alive for the whole life cycle of those products.
- You remember what a Minidisc player was.
- Your Tamagotchi is well and truly dead by now.
- Luke Perry is a 50-year-old man.
- You’ve started starting sentences with “when I was a kid…”
Image credit: Paramount Pictures