Grand Final weekend is going to look a whole lot different this year. No backyard bbqs, no heading to the pub, and that's without even mentioning that the Grand Final won't even be taking place in Melbourne for the first time in history.
Since you'll be watching the game at home, or best case, at a picnic in the park, you're going to need some top-notch feeds to get you through the day.
Here are the best Grand Final packs that Melbourne's restaurants are dishing up for the Grand Final long weekend.
Tokyo Tina's 'The Long Weekender' serves four and includes:
- Prawn katsu sliders
- Pork belly bao
- Karaage fried chicken
- Kingfish sashimi
- Wagyu beef tataki
- Kimchi fried rice
- Eight chicken yakitori skewers
- Eight mushroom yakitori skewers
- Yuzu curd doughnuts
Each pack comes with bamboo plates, bowls, and forks.
Cost: $260 ($65 per person)
Hanoi Hannah's Vietnamese version of 'The Long Weekender' also serves four and includes:
- Banh mi
- Spring rolls
- Bun hoi
- Grilled chicken ribs
- Kingfish betel leaf
- Papaya salad
- Plus more
As with Tokyo Tina, Hanoi Hannah's pack comes with bamboo plates, bowls, and forks.
Cost: $232 ($58 per person)
It's Chin Chin On Tour: Grand Final Edition. They're delivering a Grand Final Feast for two across the entire state of Victoria (well, almost), and it includes the following:
- Pork and chive Dumplings
- Roasted chicken wings with Chin Chin Hot Sauce
- Butter chicken pies
- Crab fried rice
- Chargrilled brisket sliders
- Beef mardtabak spiced spring rolls
- 2x Hawkers beers
Orders close Wednesday 21 October for delivery across most of the state on Friday 23 October.
Cost: $150 ($75 per person)
The southside favourite is also keeping you fed with a Grand Final feast for two. They'll be joining their mates Chin Chin with delivery across almost all of Victoria. The Hawker Feast includes:
- Prawn and chive wontons
- Prawn Bee Goreng noodles
- Hainanese BBQ chicken
- Fragrant curry of chickpea
- Pork char siu steam bun
- Fried rice with roast duck and Chinese sausage
Cost: $110 ($55 per person)
Gingerboy x The Emerson
Gingerboy chefs have created the 'Commiserate Or Celebrate Dinner Pack' which will feed four people and includes:
- 4 x Duck leg bao buns | Served with chilli sauce and pickled cucumber
- Lemon Tree 500ml Cocktail | Vodka, Ginger, Lemon, Smokey Lemonade
- 4 x Chang mai hot dog | An Asian take on the classic footy fave, served with pickled wombok and tamarind relish
- Sunshine 500ml cocktail | Gin, Cherry, Herbal Aromats, Pineapple
- 4 x BBQ cha sui pork buns | Fresh and fluffy, the perfect snack to eat one-handed!
- Firewater 500ml cocktail | Whisky, Aromats, Spices
Orders close Thursday 22 October at 12pm, pick-up Saturday 24 October from The Emerson.
Cost: $190 ($47.50 per person)
Urban Foodies 'Footy Fever Packs' are stacked with all the footy fare you crave.
- The Torpedo |12 DIY Wagyu beef sliders, nine mini beef pies, nine mini sausage rolls
- The Punt | 12 DIY Wagyu beef sliders, Japanese crispy Karaage chicken
- The Drop Punt | 20 DIY Wagyu beef sliders, Japanese crispy Karaage chicken
Each pack ordered comes with a six-pack of either draught, pale ale, or cider from Colonial Brewing Co.
Cost: $110 per pack
San Telmo x Future Mountain
San Telmo has collaborated with Future Mountain to create the 'AFL Grand Final Beer & BBQ Pack'. There's plenty of food on offer, the pack includes:
- 1L Harrow & Harvest | White Ale
- 1L Alameda | Golden Sour
- 2x Beef Empanadas
- 2x Corn Empanadas
- 500gr Rib Eye
If you're after more of a grazing affair rather than a bit meal, Gitan is where you should be looking.
Gitan's Grand Final Grazing menu includes:
- Flatbreads and dips (hummus, smoked chilli, capsicum and walnut)
- Salmon gravlax with avocado and citrus
- House-made pork and fennel sausages with caramelised onions and house-made tomato chutney
- Potato salad
- Citrus trifle
Cost: $55 per person
For more delicious food news from around Melbourne, head to our Food & Drink section.
Image credit: Tokyo Tina