Getting your license is an important milestone in life—especially if you are Bathers Beach House and especially if that license is a bar license. A delicious, margarita flavoured, bar license.
Yas—Perth finally has a beach bar to call its very own and we’re pretty sure we know what this means for the thirsty locals…
- Tinnie and tan time!
- No one in Perth will actually own any clothes that aren’t beachwear, activewear or hi-vis. The prophecy was right.
- You finally have the perfect outlet for your sparkly thong collection. They all laughed at you when you bought bulk diamonte sandals but WHO IS LAUGHING NOW.
- Trip to the zoo is cancelled. The family will be spending pretty much all of the school holidays at ‘the beach’.
- …which means the kids will need to learn how to navigate the waves on their own—mummy is ‘busy’.
- Sunset and spritz
- Wine and waves
- Surf and sangria
- People who bought shares in little drink umbrellas… genius.
- Reggae and calypso fever. Mon.
- You will experience the ecstasy of drinking Pina Coladas with your toes in actual sand and realise in that moment that your whole shitty life has been worth it. *gong*
- We’ll all be like “what sharks?”
- Hangovers—now with heatstroke!
- We won’t have to bury bottles of rum all along the beach anymore.
- The oyster population will take yet another hit.
- So many people rubbing sunscreen on strangers. #worldpeace
- Forget bikini body. Beach-bar body has arrived—and it involves a beer gut. Yew!
- There is no reason to be sad ever again, pretty much.
- Finally, the pirate population will have somewhere to unwind.
- You will live out an endless loop of curing your hangover with a trip to the beach.
Going soon? You might need some tips on How To Look Good From Beach To Bar.
Image credit: Louise Coghill