Just because we live in pretty much the best place on Earth, and errybody wants to visit it, doesn’t mean us locals shouldn’t get some perks for living here all day, every day.
I mean, it’s tough enough spending our days in the sun, on the beach, climbing mountains, sipping on coffee. Who wants to actually do that stuff anyway?
Lucky for us, Sunshine Coast restaurants and cafes get how hard life is around these parts, and reward our little down-and-out souls with some epic specials, perfect for when you have little cash and no mold-free food in your fridge.
Here’s where you can grab the best meal deals on the Sunshine Coast—listed from super cheap to a little bit fancy. Giddy up!
1. Head to Mooshka in Sunshine Beach on a weekday, between 3pm—5.30pm and you can throw back tapas and drinks for $5 each. Now, we know where to find you on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday… It beats a supermarket run, and will cost you about the same.
2. Oh yeah, we love a Sunday sesh and Prickly Piñata whips up $5 tacos with a side of tunes. Add a frosty Corona or a margarita to the mix, and you’ve still got an afternoon helping for under $20. Well played Prickly Piñata, well played.
3. Parmie and pubs—probably the longest running couple in the history of man. Which is an impressive feat. Just as impressive as Peregian Beach Hotel’s Monday night Parmie and Pot bargain. For 15 bucks, you’ll get Panko-crumbed chicken parmigiana with chips and a beer on tap. It’s a big one, so skip this if you’re only feeling “peckish”.
4. Steak. Under $15. Say whaaaaat? We’d never pull your leg when it comes to cheap eats, so book a table on a Tuesday night at Your Place and see what we’re on about.
5. Possibly our favourite among the best meals deals on the Sunshine Coast, Black Bunny Kitchen serves up the king of feeds on Wednesday nights with their Po Boy and Paddle special. For $20, you’ll get a hefty submarine sandwich—packed with different delicious fillings each week—and five tasters of craft beer on tap (there’s eight to choose from, so you can be a little picky). We’re salivating just thinking about it.
6. Blur the line between lunch and dinner at Miss Moneypenny’s weekdays with their aptly named After Work Wine Down. Swing by this Hastings Street gem between 4pm and 6pm, grab a beer (or cocktail, if it’s been one of those days) and from there any pizza or bar bites you order are slashed to half price. See? Pure awesomeness.
7. We skite about our love affair with Locale a fair bit, but it’s only because we’re serious. Like, the forever kind of serious. And it’s got a lot to do with their daily pizza special. Lay down 20 big ones and you’ll get to pick from 10 epic wood-fired pizzas, and either a beer or wine to wash it all down. Get there between 12pm—5pm, or you’ll be bummed you missed it!
8. We ain’t gonna lie. Nook and Cranny have totally upped the pizza scene in Nambour with their super generous 2-for-1 pizza deal between 5pm—6pm, daily. Want somethin’ outside of the norm? Order the pear, blue cheese, pancetta, and walnut combo. Freak-ay!
9. You know what we love most about Three Bar and Grill’s $25 lunch special? It’s offered every goddamn day. This Dicky Beach secret is too good not to share, with a main, dessert, AND a drink making up this voluptuous deal. All dishes are sure-fire winners, but we’ve got a soft spot for the lemon pepper calamari complete with hand-cut chips.
10. A too-good-to-be-true Indian buffet totally worth raiding your gold coin jar for. Coming in at $25, you may not think it’s cheap, but try that line on us afterwards. Your hateful words will be replaced with a very full, very silent satisfaction. Hit up Hathi from 5pm, every Thursday to Sunday.
11. There’s yum cha then there’s ALL YOU CAN EAT yum cha. For $30! Yep, that’s all the lamb baos, kimchi wings, and mini pork banh mi rolls you could ever want to cram into your mouth in one sitting. Book ahead, because Corbin’s are renowned for this sneaky Sunday special.
12. Grab you best mate, or someone who has $20 spare (and won’t bore you to death), and get to La Canteena on a Sunday for their $40 Mexican smorgasbord featuring grilled street corn, tasty tortilla chips, and four of the best soft shell tacos you’ll find on the Coast. Oh and there’s also a bucket of Coronas in it for you, too. Winning!
13. We’ve rated Elliotts Bistro as having one of the best roasts on the Sunshine Coast, and now we’re going to tell you a bit more, ‘cause if it were us, this is where we’d be spending our Thursday nights. Roast Night is the night for meat-eaters. Think—super succulent roast pork belly with fennel puree and sweet potato galette, topped off with sticky date pudding with caramel and vanilla bean ice cream. Two ($35) and three-course ($45) options are available, but the best bit is it changes every week, so you’ll always have a reason to head back for more.
14. Embassy XO know how to look after Sunny Coasters with their Locals Night. Rock up on a Tuesday or Wednesday night and you’ll be treated to an incredible three-course meal with a vino or beer, for just $49. A pretty sweet deal when this Sunshine Beach favourite is counted among the best restaurants in Noosa.
15. If you’ve saved up those pennies for a special occasion, Noosa Boathouse’s Seafood Sundays is it! Great things don’t come cheap, but they do come cheaper, when you order the seafood tower for two with a bottle of wine on a Sunday. Tallying up to $115 for the lot, we think it’s pretty fair when lashings of local and Aussie seafood come served on a three-tired platter. Oh la la!
Image Credit: Daniel Hine