Damn we’re blessed to call the Sunshine State home. Amiright? And the Sunshine Coast is the best of the best when it comes to a place to call home.
Of if you have a whimsical long weekend at your disposal, it's a fave spot to escape, that’s an easy driving distance from Brisbane and the GC. So if you're looking for the best of the best on the Sunshine Coast, let this be your bible of 50 epic and the best things to do on the Sunshine Coast, brought to you by an in-the-know local. You’re welcome.
1. Get romantic at the Starry Nights Outdoor Movies at Eumundi.
2. Overcome your fear of camels and go for a ride on one of the angry, long-lashed bastards at Australia Zoo.
3. Go to Noosa Farmers Market and try NOT to stuff your face with every snack under the sun. Just once. We dare you.
4. Drive out to Kin Kin and make friends with all the dogs at the pub.
5. Put on your leg warmers and sparkly headband and get your Xanadu on at Caloundra Rollerdrome.
6. Climb Mount Coolum.
7. Tell everyone about how you just climbed Mount Coolum.
8. Watch the sun set with spicy wings, chilled tunes, and cold beer at Drift Bar.
9. Stock up on fresh flowers at Yandina Markets…
10. And hot, fresh jam donuts.
11. Grab some cold beers and fish and chips, and take them down to The Spit at Mooloolaba. There’s a reason the tourists are all doing it!
12. Get in touch with your inner hippie at the Verrierdale Full Moon Dance.
13. Splash out on an LA-style blowout at the Mint Hair‘s pop-in blow dry bar.
14. Order a whole chocolate brownie cake from Tome and eat it all yourself. This place is a local fave and has to be included on the list of the best things to do on the Sunshine Coast.
15. Get back in touch with nature with a nude swim at A-Bay.
16. Road trip! Here’s some weekend inspo!
17. Try lamb’s brains at Hungry Feel in Buderim (or if, like us, you’re a bit squeamish, the bahn mi roll is heavenly!)
18. Give your Fitbit (and your thighs) a workout with the best walks on the Sunshine Coast.
19. Head over to Spirit House. Spirit House is like a legend around the Sunshine Coast. It’s the restaurant that pops into mind when planning a super special occasion or for those times you need to impress the hell out of visitors. It's Asian dining at its best.
20. Get bendy with some hot yoga.
21. Wake up to the sounds of waves and birdsong, and go camping at Noosa North Shore. Best of all, it’s only a short trip on the car ferry then a quick drive home if it starts to rain or your airbed deflates.
22. Go old-school with a classic silent movie at Pomona Majestic Theatre.
23. Show how hardcore you are by facing the snakes and mozzies to take a dip in the icy, refreshing Mothar Mountain rock pools.
24. Get your crew together for a Sunday lunch at Wood Fire Grill.
25. Eat ALL the cheese.
26. Pretend you’re an iron man and kayak from Golden Beach to Bribie.
27. Check out the flavours at Marcoola Twilight Market.
28. Work your way through all 85 whiskies on the menu at Whisky Boy (not all in the one night, obvs!)
29. Chuck a massive fancy dress party, solely as an excuse to splash out on a seriously sexy and authentic costume.
30. Fat Bastard at Hello Harry. Nuff said! This place is yet another local fave and has to be included on the list of the best things to do on the Sunshine Coast.
31. Pick up some authentic, retro bargain bits for your home and wardrobe at the best op shops on the Sunshine Coast.
32. Dodge pythons on the Hell’s Gate walk.
33. Surf Tea Tree on a day where the swell is big enough to take you all the way to Main Beach.
34. Learn to surf (you may want to consider the order you attempt these in!)
35. Chow down on pig on a spit at the Apollonian Hotel.
36. Grab a coffee at Chalet & Co and pop across to the lookout to watch the whales.
37. Pretend you’re the Bush Tucker Man by spending a night alone in the Noosa Everglades.
38. Visit the Gold Coast. Just to be reminded how awesome the Sunshine Coast is.
39. Head out for one of the famous seasonal dinners at Palmwoods gem, Homegrown Cafe.
40. Defy gravity and learn to pole dance.
41. Check out Noosa River and feel smug about your minimal environmental impact with Malu Os Eco Boat Hire.
42. Fill your stomach with scones and tea at Aimee Provence in Buderim.
43. Be amazed at the freakish topography of the Glass House Mountains.
44. World’s best cocktails at Locale. Yet another local fave of ours. This place is one of the best places to visit on the Sunshine Coast without a doubt.
45. Find out what all the fuss is about at Brouhaha Brewery.
46. Pack a picnic and check out the secret gardens of the Sunshine Coast.
47. Plan an epic Sunday sesh with your besties.
48. Party too hard on Saturday night and cancel by text just after lunch when your hangover is at its peak.
49. Take a walk along Pumicestone Passage at sunset (small dog mandatory).
50. Book the crew at Urban Woodfire Pizza to come to your place and serve up woodfire pizza to all your mates.
What about the best breakfast on the Sunshine Coast? We've got you covered here peeps. What about the best next level hikes?