If you’re as much of a Nutella tragic as we are (#notevenalittlebitsorry) then you’ll remember the great Nutella road trip that took our entire country by storm the last two years. Now try to control yourself when we tell you that it’s damn well coming back and excited is an understatement.
Spreading its hazelnut chocolate love from Sydney to Perth (via Adelaide), food truck legend and all ‘round good guy, Alistair Fogg (of The Nighthawk Diner and 2016/17 Nutella Road Trip infamy) is doing it all again—but this year, it’s even bigger. This time there’ll be six Nutella-heavy dishes and it’ll all be free. Yep, free. As in, you’ll still have coins left over for coffee afterwards, kind of free.
The dishes are all pretty insane in a good way (obvs). Expect crazy crumpets with a classic ricotta, strawberry and Nutella combo, bagels with Nutella, mandarin and cranberries, acai bowls that have been given the same treatment plus pancakes with raspberries and coconut and French toast with blueberries and banana. Let’s be real—you should head there for the free raspberries alone because they’re worth more than gold right now.
The tour will kick off in Sydney—specifically in Chatswood, for all of the Sydneysiders out there—on Friday 11 May, with the truck parked for only a few hours, so get in fast to avoid epic queues.
Here’s the full line up (yeah, you’re welcome):
- Chatswood, Pedestrian Mall, Friday 11 May, 7:00 – 10:00am
- Cronulla, Peryman Square, Saturday 12 May, 8:00 – 11:00am
- Griffith, City Park, Tuesday 15 May, 7:00 – 10:00am
- Adelaide, Rundle Mall, Friday 18 May, 7:00 – 10:00am
- Port Augusta, Central Oval, Saturday 19 May, 8:00 – 11:00am
- Port Lincoln, Yacht Club, Sunday 20 May, 8:00 – 11:00am
- Bunbury, Bicentennial Square, Saturday 26 May, 8:00 – 11:00am
- Fremantle, Kings Square, Sunday 27 May, 8:00 – 11:00am
- Perth, Murray Street Mall, Monday 28 May, 7:00 – 10:00am
Prefer doughnuts? Read this.
Image credit: Nutella Road Trip