If you haven't been back to Taronga Zoo for over a decade, or only associate it with a childhood rite of passage, ready yourself for a ferry ticket and a trip down memory lane. Twilight at Taronga has organised a summer concert series on every Friday and Saturday evening from January 30th to the March 31st next year.
For its 20th anniversary, the folks at Taronga have gathered a domestic and international medley of artists, from home-grown talents Sarah Blasko, Bernard Fanning and Something for Kate, to Belle and Sebastian, Conor Oberst and Rufus Wainwright. Grab a picnic blanket and stake out a scenic spot, which shouldn't be too difficult thanks to the panoramic Harbour Bridge and city view.
As always, there will be plenty of food for purchase (or pre-purchase via their website, if you're looking to get a gourmet picnic hamper). Think pulled pork shoulder buns, Black Angus cheeseburgers, Thai green chicken curry and roasted beetroot and chickpea quinoa salad. Pair with some drinks at the onsite bar and have yourself an idyllic summer's eve at Twilight at Taronga.
The Official Line-up
• Friday 30 January: [SOLD OUT] BERNARD FANNING, supported by Little May
• Saturday 31 January: BELLE AND SEBASTIAN, supported by Special Guests
• Thursday 5 February: PAUL KELLY PRESENTS THE MERRI SOUL SESSIONS eaturing Clairy Browne, Kira Puru, & Vika and Linda Bull, supported by Hiatus Kaiyote
• Friday 6 February: PAUL KELLY PRESENTS THE MERRI SOUL SESSIONS featuring Clairy Browne, Kira Puru, & Vika and Linda Bull, supported by Hiatus Kaiyote
• Saturday 7 February: YOU AM I, supported by Jack Ladder & The Dreamlanders
• Friday 13 February: SARAH BLASKO, supported by Luluc
• Saturday 14 February: ANTHONY CALLEA presents Ladies & Gentlemen, The Songs of George Michael, supported by Caterina Torres
• Friday 20 February: THE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, supported by Caravãna Sun
• Saturday 21 February: THE BAMBOOS, supported by Katalyst with special guests (Original beats set)
• Friday 27 February: BOYS IN THE BAND – 50 years of hits!
• Saturday 28 February: BJÖRN AGAIN
• Friday 6 March: CONOR OBERST, supported by The Felice Brothers
• Saturday 7 March: RUFUS WAINWRIGHT performing The Best of Rufus Wainwright, supported by Lucy Wainwright Roche
• Friday 13 March: DAN SULTAN, supported by Benny Walker and Pierce Brothers
• Saturday 14 March: JAMES MORRISON BIG BAND
• Friday 20 March: SOMETHING FOR KATE, supported by Jen Cloher
• Saturday 21 March: ROSS WILSON and Mental As Anything
Tickets for Twilight At Taronga are selling out quick! Jump online to secure yours.