So, you’ve booked your annual leave and the holiday you’ve been talking about for months (you know, the one your co-workers keep rolling their eyes at) is finallllllllly here. The only thing you have to get through now is the oh-so horrible long haul flight. Meh…
We know the struggle is R.E.A.L when heading overseas so we’ve partnered with Brisbane Airport to get you more prepped for flying than you have ever been in your whole life.
See you in the next time zone.
- Remember your passport.
- Get to the airport early (yes, we mean a whole three hours before your flight).
- Bag yourself an upgrade. We don’t know how. #sorrynotsorry
- Power up. The last thing you need is for your phone/iPad/electronic anything to die mid-flight.
- Wear stretchy pants. If you forgot them, buy some at Merino Collection—think of how soft they will be!
- Buy a scarf/shawl/travel blanket while you’re there too. Planes are cold.
- Have a decent feed.
- We’re talking breakfast at Coretto Bar & Café or Botanist Kitchen & Bar.
- Lunch at Windmill & Co (say yes to the chicken wings).
- And dinner (aka the steak) at Brisbane River Grill.
- Grab a book. And a magazine. And a Sudoku puzzle you will never do.
- Pre-order everything you want from JR/Duty Free so you’ve got something to look forward to when you get back.
- Stock up on candy.
- Treat yourself to some high-tech noise cancelling earphones from Gadget Shop. You will be seated next to the crying baby. We both know it.
- Snacks and more snacks. The Australian Produce Store has some great bikkies. Just sayin’.
- Find a neck pillow and an eye mask (unless you got the upgrade obvs).
- Hit up the bar.
- Make the most of the free airport Wi-Fi (read: download the latest Netflix series you need to catch up on).
- Then download every podcast you’ve ever heard of.
- Take your obligatory plane ticket and glass of champagne ‘gram.
- Update your FB status to make your colleagues even more jel.
- Go to the gate. Nobody likes late Larry.
- Board your flight. We repeat, board your flight. Please do not be that person who misses the flight.
Editor’s note: This article is proudly sponsored by Brisbane Airport and endorsed by The Urban List. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Urban List possible. Click here for more information on our editorial policy.
Image credit: Jason Starr