New year, new you, new set of breakfast dishes to demolish. We’re easing into 2016 the only way we know how, with copious amounts of scrumptious food at the forefront of our minds.
So, to help you and your breakfast fiend buddies make the most of the next 10 months, we’re spilling the deets on 19 breakfasts you need to try in 2016. Café trail, anyone?
1. Elliotts Bistro does everything well but put potato, corn and Gruyere croquets together with tomatoes, fried eggs and bacon, and we’re talking next-level.
2. They may do one of the best bacon and egg rolls on the Sunshine Coast, but High Tide in Mudjimba also have your back if you’re starting the year on a health binge. Try their Breakfast Trifle with toasted granola, fresh seasonal fruit, vanilla yoghurt, and a drizzle of honey. You’ll be one step closer to finding those abs. Promise!
3. Francis Bean serves up a mean toasted sanga. Go with whatever’s on special and you’ll open yourself up to a smooth $10 deal, complete with one of the best coffees in Alex.
4. Turn up the heat with Beau’s jam-packed Breakfast Burrito. We’re talking a flavour-packed wrap jammed with nitrate-free bacon, free-range fried egg, black beans, cheddar, tomato and coriander salsa, guacamole, and chipotle jam. This baby is a serious contender among the best breakfasts on the Sunshine Coast.
5. We’ve yet to cure our Toast ‘N’ Toppings addiction from Depot. Right now, the smoked salmon combo with dill-infused cream cheese, capers, and lemon is where our stomachs are at.
6. If you’re no stranger to shaking things up, tilt the whole breakfast game on its head with an espresso and a Frookie from Wonderland Noosa. Oh yeah, the freckle cookie is a thing and it can be yours!
7. Breakfast staples are breakfast staples ‘cause they’re too damn tasty to remove from the menu. Try the Farmer’s Market Plate at Berardo’s Bistro, and see why it’d be utter chaos, if it were to disappear.
8. Thomas Corner is a Noosa breakfast boss but if we have to pick one dish, it’d be their house-made Boston baked beans finished with a poached egg on sourdough. All meals come with chilled-out vibes and views of Noosa River.
9. Bagel me this—a NYC blueberry base topped with smooth cream cheese, juicy Mary Valley figs, honey, and walnuts. Too good to be true? Hardly. You’ve just gotta get to Café Silo.
10. Our mates at Guru Life serve up epic all-day breakfasts in a cool, out-of-the-way location. Hit an all-time high of tastebud satisfaction with the super lavish Sunny Side Up Breakfast Pan, loaded with roasted field mushies and vine tomatoes with creamed spinach and feta, free-range eggs, potato kofta, and Turkish loaf. *Insert severe stomach growl here.
11. Normal is boring, so shake up this whole breakky thing up with an eastern-flavoured plate of goodness, like quinoa falafels with poached eggs, greens, and beetroot relish on flat bread from Hand of Fatima. Amen!
12. Sundays just got a little bit special with The Shak’s Sunday Special of Spanish baked beans, pork belly, beef and herb chipolatas, poached egg, and Walter’s long-fermented local sourdough. Holy taste explosion!
13. Acai bowls are all the rage. So if you’re totally taken with this trend we suggest you get your healthy, toned, tanned bod down to Coco Loco Club in Moffat Beach for The Kapow—an acai, banana, cacao, honey, and almond milk bowl of deliciousness. Quite possibly the healthiest options among our list of the best breakfasts on the Sunshine Coast. But don’t let that put you off!
14. Kick some serious breakfast goals with Decisions #superjunk holy grail, Vanilla Panna Cotta. Featuring berry confit, buttermilk pancakes, Nutella mousse, and choc honeycomb, you can bet your h-angry lover it’ll be pure adoration at first bite.
15. Nambour Social’s Jambon Fume et Fromage Croissant—double-smoked leg ham, Grana Padano, and a finger-licking house-made garlic herb béchamel sandwiched between a croissant—is the only reason to start your weekend drool-fest before midday. If the GF wants to “share”, save yourself and your tastebuds some serious grief, and order two.
16. Vegos will go ape over CK Coffee Bar & Wholefoods Vege Stack. This tower of roasted pumpkin, halloumi, rocket, sautéed mushies, smashed avo, and dukkah, is best devoured with a cup of their organic leaf tea. Breakfast perfection=reached!
17. Canteen’s smoked salmon, whipped feta, slow-roasted tomatoes, and cress served on an English muffin is all it’s cracked up to be. It’s a “special” ‘cause it’s super special. Nawww!
18. Brekky on the run? Nothing’s more fitting than a morning bun aka cronut or a sweet, sweet Danish from Tanglewood Bakery.
19. Another feel-good breakky to add to your list, Greenhouse Cafe’s spicy herb-roasted veg with turmeric jalapeño hummus, poached eggs, pickled veg, and greens will have even the meatiest meat-eater around convinced it’s one of the best breakfasts on the Sunshine Coast.
Is there a breakfast dish we NEED to welcome into our life this year? Let us know!
Image Credit: Ariana Gillrie