With the end of the year on the horizon, and the prospect that we will have to ‘tighten our belts’ when we start making new year’s resolutions, now is the time to stuff in as much delicious festive food as we can.
Here’s our list of 50 things to do and eat in Brisbane right this moment, before 2015 well and truly departs. Get started immediately!
1. Head over to The Bleachers for a bacon and cheese waffle.
2. Sample the constantly changing seasonal pizzas at Holloway.
3. All the beer and dumplings at The End every Monday night.
4. The freshly-baked raspberry and coconut muffin at Sisco BCL in Spring Hill. Ahhhh.
5. The Jamaican Jerk Chicken bagel from Scout Cafe. Ja-maican-me-crazy!
6. Get stuck into Ash + Monties' epic Avocado Smash.
7. Be sure to try out the Mushroom Cheesesteak sub from PJ Steaks.
8. Looking for things to do in Brisbane? Make sure you stop by Botanica in Red Hill for one of their scrumptious vanilla cupcakes.
9. Happy Boy’s Prawn and Pork wontons in Chilli Oil.
10. You can’t go past the crispy pork belly at Chop Chop Changs.
11. How about the BBQ pork spare ribs with avocado corn slaw and a side of house made chilli corn bread from Plenty?
12. The yellow curry of local prawns courtesy of The Corner Store Cafe in Toowoong.
13. The mouthwatering buttermilk fried chicken from Greaser. Hold us back!
14. Dandelion & Driftwood’s Mrs Mince is calling your name.
15. The Spanish-inspired poached pear with chocolate mousse from Gordita. Deliciosa!
16. Get a little bit fancy with Pearl Cafe’s charred Fremantle octopus for lunch.
17. Kettle & Tin’s infamous bacon pancakes are a must-try.
18. The glass noodle and potato frittata is a fresh option thanks to Atticus Finch Cafe.
19. Pulled satay chicken toastie from Wild Canary in Brookfield.
20. Looking for Brisbane's best things to do? Check out the mouthwatering Texas Brisket from Public.
21: La Macelleria Gelateria’s delightfully delicious nutella gelato.
22: Morning After's MA Burger is the right way to start your day.
23: Couverture & Co's chilli ganache dark chocolate is a flavour sensation. Heaven on earth.
24: Corbett & Claude's new CBD restaurant is serving up a crunchy chicken with chipotle aioli pizza…Yummmm.
25: Pumpkin Pie with bacon bark and cardamom ice-cream is #paleoperfection at Asana by Pete Evans.
26: Don't forget to drop into Buzz Gasworks for the Blue Swimmer Crab Tagliatelle with a creamy rose sauce, chervil butter and preserved lemon.
27: Les Bubbles does a cracker steak, not to mention UNLIMITED fries!
28: Ay, caramba! The Sin Vida De Camaron taco (crumbed king prawn, apple slaw, jalepeno relish) is not to be missed.
29: The Dugout on Ernest is hitting home runs with their Ham and Cheese Croissant with Warnabool vintage cheddar and Bangalow ham.
30: Try all of the 18 flavours of ice-cream at the newly-opened Lick! flagship store In Graceville.
31: Wrap your head around the Char Char Yiros on James Street.
32: Say hello to the knights of the round table over some pickled local fish at King Arthur.
33: New York style bagels from Cawfee Cafe & Bar in the CBD.
34: Something fishy is going on over at Let Minnow Cafe...hook into their Minnow Tacos stat.
35: Nurse that hangover with the revival beast at Plum Tucker.
36: Jak & Hill went up the hill and fetched a pale of cherry ripe french toast.
37: Nibble on some soulful protein balls down at The Odyssey Project.
38: The grilled cheese sandwiches at South Side Diner. Classic.
39: Pumpkin and Fetta salad down at The Smug Fig.
40: Chow down on a blueberry bagel at the Bird & Deer Espresso Bar.
41: Aussie Asian Eggs from Billy Kart Kitchen.
42: The Single Guys' brioche bacon and egg burger is too good to share.
43: Sichuan Bang Bang's Hunan salt, pepper and chilli squid.
44: Get Melbourne-chic with the baked potted eggs from Moose & Gibson.
45: Smoked Salmon bagels at Artie & Mai's on Sandgate Road.
46: Passionfruit and lychee tarts from Goodness Gracious in Graceville.
47: Try one of those tasty Crust & Co pastries at Charlie Cools.
48: Hold onto that health kick, with a mixed grain bircher from Strauss.
49: Things are heating up down at Ole Fuego, be sure to try their Cordero (slow cooked lamb shoulder).
50: Snap up some of The Milk Factory's cauliflower pakora pops with pomegranate coco-yo. It has to be one of THE best things to do in Brisbane.
Image credit: Lick Ice Cream by Ariana Gillrie