Less than a week into Brisbane’s coolest new party, Royal Croquet Club, and the hits just keep coming.
Not only are there great tunes—last weekend, Kilter and Porsches killed it on stage—the Pimms jugs are a-plenty and the croquet… does anyone even know the rules?!
Mallets and bangers aside, we think the amazing line up of food stalls is worth shouting from the rooftops. And then chowing your way through all the noms, of course.
Some of our absolute favourite Brisbane restaurants have grabbed their mallets, donned their best croquet gear and set up shop at the Cultural Forecourt for two weeks, to bring you some of the best festival food we’ve ever come across.
No dagwood dogs here, friends, read on for our seven must eats from the Royal Croquet Club Brisbane.
- The Reuben from The Defiant Duck—we don’t know who Reuben is, but man, he makes a killer sandwich!
- The outta control Ludacrisp Burger at Miss Kay’s.
- A classic and moreish serve of Buffalo Wings from ‘Merican-lovers Mighty Mighty Cue & Brew.
- La Macelleria’s custom-made, exclusive RCC gelato flavour with choc chips, pistachios and sour cherries.
- A Pork Dog from Adelaide locals Street ADL, complete with soy mayo and crispy.
- New Mexi joint SIN VIDA’s Double Taco. Dos tacos, por favor!
- We will bow to Bao Down Now’s Favourite Pork Banh Mi (on a bao bun) any day of the week!
Royal Croquet Club is open Monday to Friday (4pm to midnight) and Saturday/Sunday (midday to midnight) until 22nd November and it’s completely free!
Image credits: Ariana Gillrie, Royal Croquet Club