Today we’re going to attempt to achieve the unachievable. We’re going to try and convince you that Midland is a cool little suburb you need to take note of.
We know, we know, your first instinct is to hit the little x in the top right corner of your browser, but aren’t you a little curious to see what we’ve come up with?
When the guys from Peet’s newest estate, Movida, came to us with the challenge to find out all the unknown things to do in and around Midland that our readers need to know about we obviously jumped at the chance. So here are 14 reasons why we are totally giving Midland a second chance.
- Midland is only 30 minutes from the city, that means no more sitting on the freeway for two hours a day on your commute to and from work.
- Alfred’s Kitchen is practically on your doorstep, so that means their famous homemade burgers can become a weekly occurrence.
- The Midland Farmers Markets are the second oldest in Perth and the best place to pick up fresh fruit and veggies in M-town.
- Eight words: Oasis Supa Golf and Adventure Putt Miniature Golf. Nuff said.
- Ten of our favourite Swan Valley wineries are practically walking distance, but you won’t have to thanks to UberVINO.
- Woodbridge Riverside Park & Play Space is one of the best parks in Perth to take your nieces and nephews to.
- There’s a former Nobu chef cooking up a storm at Slate Cafe, a stones throw away in Bennett Springs.
- The pretty buildings. Let us draw your attention to the Midland Railway Workshops.
- John Forrest National Park is home to some of the best hiking trails in Perth.
- Fancy yourself a cyclist? Well you can train for the next Olympics at SpeedDome.
- Antique Heaven, aka James Street in Guildford.
- Another four words: Maison Saint-Honoré macarons.
- Weekends can be spent cycling around the Swan Valley.
- Lake Leschenaultia is oh so close which means you can justify buying that canoe you’ve always wanted.
Maison Saint-Honoré | Image credit: Louise Coghill
Editor's Note: This article is proudly sponsored by Peet and endorsed by The Urban List. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Urban List possible. Click here for more information on our editorial policy.