Ahhh, Christmas. The season for seeing/ignoring distant relatives and Santa-sanctioned alcohol consumption. What a time to be alive!
Unfortunately, some of us get strapped to our desks until 4:59pm on December 24, so we can be a little unprepared for the Christmas frivolity that’s expected of us the following day.
And then there are those strange folk among us, who just aren’t into Christmas, period. WTF, right?! Either way, there are those who simply need a helping hand to wear that damned paper crown without a scowl.
So with that in mind, we’ve gone ahead and prepped some pre-Christmas viewing that’ll have you whistling Jingle Bells in no time.
1. Love Actually. Seriously, if this needs to be explained, you’re so far gone into Grinch territory we don’t know if you can be saved.
2. Miracle on 34th Street. Sir Richard Attenborough = the best Santa of ALL TIME.
3. Elf. We dare you to not laugh like a hysterical hyena, or go on to drop movie quotes for the rest of the day.
4. The Holiday. Jude Law people! ‘Nuff said.
5. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. A classic that doesn’t need justification.
6. Home Alone. A roller-coaster of emotion that’ll have you calling your Mum immediately.
7. Harry Potter and The Philosopher’s Stone. If you’re a Grinch, you’re probably not across the HP series. We feel sorry for you.
8. The Polar Express. Tom Hanks as an animated fat controller, what more do you need?
9. How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Kinda cute, kinda creepy. Hopefully this highlights just how debilitating some people are to a merry Christmas. Ahem, we’re looking at you, scrooge.
10. Just Friends. Ryan Reynolds in a fat suit for the LOLs.
11. Holiday Affair. One for the romantics.
12. Trading Places. We’ve probably only included this because of Eddie Murphy. Deal with it.
‘Tis the season folks, Metropolist wishes you a merry one!